Our big band takes on a Freddy Murcery (Queen) hit.

imsevimse

Our big band takes on a Freddy Murcery (Queen) hit.

Post by imsevimse »

This clip on facebook is videoed by one in the audience on a mobile phone. It starts with a short spontaneous Queen excerpt with piano accompaniment and after this we play a big band arrangement of "crazy little thing called love". Listen to Patrik Lundström in this number, a great talent (the link to the post and clip on facebook is at the bottom of this post)

We are getting close to the end of our Jazz Big Band commitment at the Olympia Theatre in Stockholm.

We have performed every Monday night since February. Yesterday was the 18:th concert. We will do two more and then we will see what happens.

Since I always document every gig I counted how many concerts we have done with this band since the start in 2015. I counted 72 of which I played 70. We are six original members from the start. All play for the sole purpose of joy, because we love this music. We do it for fun.

This is our singer Patrik Lundström who has Freddy Murcery as his raw model. Besides this number and a few Mike Buble numbes the repertoire he sings with us is from the great Sinatra repertoire.

What a joy to be a part of this band.

Here is the url:
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... 617447082

/Tom
Posaunus

Re: Our big band takes on a Freddy Murcery (Queen) hit.

Post by Posaunus »

Congratulations, Tom, for your dedication and love of music.

Sorry I don't do Facebook, so I can't view.
hyperbolica

Re: Our big band takes on a Freddy Murcery (Queen) hit.

Post by hyperbolica »

Queen music is great. My quartet has transcribed a couple: Find Me Somebody to Love, and Crazy Little Thing Called Love. The latter especially really lends itself to swing.

Return to “Performance”