All content on The Trombone Forum published prior to 2007 was under a Creative Commons License (Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 United States (CC BY-NC-ND 3.0 US)), which can be found here:
In short this means that the content is free to be shared (copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format) so long as the following terms are met:
- Appropriate credit must be given
- A link to the license must be provided (see the above hyperlink)
- And any changes need to be indicated (So long as these changes are done in any reasonable manner but not in anyway that suggests the licensor endorses the usage.)
- The material may not be used for commercial purposes
- If you remix, transform, or build upon the material, you may not distribute the modified material.
There are no further restrictions, not even legal terms or technological measures that legally restrict others from doing anything the license permits.
Additionally, the copyright indicator on the TTF never displayed a copyright for content outside of the 2000-2006 window so most content probably doesn’t apply, but we wanted to put this here for the sake of showing that we are fully compliant with the content.
- All content in the section of the Trombone Chat forums labelled “TTF Archives” comes from the Trombone Forum. Any user prefixed with “ttf_” is a user from The Trombone Forum and all of the content they have provided originates from The Trombone Forum.
- The link to the CCL can be found here.
- I have made the following changes to the content:
- HTML has been largely converted to BBCode
- Smileys (and most other images) have been removed and replaced, at least temporarily, with the word “IMAGE”
- Certain topics with malformed HTML or BBCode have been deleted or altered to fix the malformed formatting
- Quotations did not translate very well in many cases, so quotations may not be as evident as they were in the TTF
- There may be other formatting or even content issues that were altered by the code that copied the messages into BBCode format which we are unaware of
- The material is not being used for commercial purposes
- We have not remixed or otherwise transformed the material as per the third bubble here
We hope everybody enjoys this resource and are glad to be able to provide this archive for the rich information that has been generously provided over the years. We are locking all of the topics so that nobody may post into the archives. We want to keep all material moving forward on the main site!