STOLEN: Edwards bass trombone

ttf_tbonedude89

Post by ttf_tbonedude89 »

Hey all,

One of my colleagues (Dan Dunford) had his Edwards bass trombone stolen out of his car in NYC several days ago.  The individual component breakdown is as follows:

E-B454 valve $2,975
Bell no. 1220CF $900
E-BR500DRCF bass rose brass tuning slide: $325
E-B454-1N bass standard nickel slide: $1,100
E-TC102 bass travel case $450

If all of you in the NYC area could keep an eye out while your in pawn shops/etc it would be much appreciated!  He can be contacted on facebook (Dan).

Thank you!

(If this topic could be stickied, that would be great)
ttf_bassboneman

Post by ttf_bassboneman »

Hi Dan,

This always makes me upset to read!
I feel terrible because I know I would be a mess if this happened to me.
I will keep this in mind...
I live not too far from NYC - obviously I hope this horn is located!

Sam
ttf_anonymous

Post by ttf_anonymous »

Thats terrible -
Do you have a contact, Poster with Pic and Ads up on Facebook groups?  I'm happy to share.
Make a poster with Pics including the case ( IE like a stolen dog poster )

I had my Edwards stolen from our car in 1992. We believe that the thieves watched us load out after a gig and followed us. We stopped for a bite to eat after the gig and they broke the windows and stole everything.  Sound gear - Albums- and the bass players Upright bass.

Police found all the mutes in a garbage bin, that night.  The Upright Bass was found in an alley downtown.

My Edwards was found almost a year later in a pawn shop !! A friend happen to see it hanging upside down with the MOUTHPIECE GLUED IN ! He called and I met him with the police to claim it.

Was a bit of a nightmare getting it back from the police! who wanted to hold it for evidence. Thankfully
one of the band leaders I worked for was well connected - between him and the local union they were able to get it back to me w/in a few days.

The Albums ( a Box of Bob Stroup " Entre Amis" and "Bob Stroup Trio " ) and the sound gear were never located.

Hoping that you get some leads and get your horn home soon.

But Do spread the word and get a picture and poster to all the Unions on the east coast.  Also message all the orchestras and music schools, stores etc - It will likely show up somewhere for sale
OH and POST AS A STOLEN with PIC and CONTACT ( Open a new email address for that purpose) and get it up on EBAY, AMAZON , OVERSTOCK and CRAIGSLIST as STOLEN

Joy

Return to “Instruments”