Accepting Donations

Important Trombone Chat information starts here.
Matt K
Verified

Accepting Donations

Post by Matt K »

Hey all,

We've received quite a few people who have asked if there was a method of supporting the site. We have given it quite a bit of thought as to whether we should accept donations and, if so, the most appropriate way to do so. To be clear: The maintainers of the site are glad the site exists and will continue to provide it whether or not we receive any donations. Additionally, we have no intention of ever selling the data from the users of this site nor of displaying advertisements.

That said, if you wish to assist in defraying the costs of the operation, you will now notice two links at the top of the front page; one for PayPal and one for Patreon . Each platform takes out a nominal fee; the balance will be used to pay for the costs of cloud hosting and for my labor in site maintenance. The default for these platforms is to do recurring, but one-time donations are obviously just as welcome. Don't even think about donating if you are tight on cash!

We will keep a sticky somewhere on this forum that I will update once a month, thanking users for their contribution.

Additionally, I will be working on some automation to reduce the volume of emails the [email protected] user receives and opening that up to receive feedback and assist users with troubleshooting in a more streamlined fashion than I've been able to historically.
afugate

Re: Accepting Donations

Post by afugate »

:good:

--Andy in OKC

Return to “News & Announcements”