Forcing Logout/Login 2022/07/10

Important Trombone Chat information starts here.
Matt K
Verified

Forcing Logout/Login 2022/07/10

Post by Matt K »

Hi all,

It’s came to my attention that there have been some authentication issues recently. I’ll be forcing everyone to login once today to see if that will fix the issue. Should be one time. Ill be setting up a more streamlined way to submit trouble reports too rather than posting to threads. But in the meantime letting me know about issues somewhere in response to one of these threads or email/dm is the best way to report issues.

Typical user experience should be very few forced login attempts. That’s what I experience and so a divergence from that is unanticipated in most circumstances.
Matt K
Verified

Re: Forcing Logout/Login 2022/07/10

Post by Matt K »

I just reset the cookie one minute ago, so you should now be required to log back in. Please continue to report any errors you encounter. If you use a bookmark, something that just occurred to me is you might want to make sure it is:

https://trombonechat.com

It should be redirecting properly but I've seen weirder things...
hyperbolica

Post by hyperbolica »

The Active Topics link in the hamburger menu takes you to the board index. This started a week ago or so. Not a huge issue, just odd.
glenp

Post by glenp »

hyperbolica wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 10:15 am The Active Topics link in the hamburger menu takes you to the board index.
Not for me. Just tested and it went to the right page.
brassmedic

Post by brassmedic »

Well that worked for minute, but I was back to being logged out today, after being away from the site for only about 12 hours.
Brad Close Brass Instruments - brassmedic.com
RichC

Post by RichC »

It's been forcing a login for the last couple days on my Android phone (never has before) after being unactive for a bit. IPad has been doing that for sometime.
Matt K
Verified

Post by Matt K »

I made another change today to the way the site caches data that is more permissive than it was previously. If anyone having this issue could keep their eye out to see if it improves the situation. If not, you may want to try resetting your browser's cache as well. If that doesn't have any change, let me know and I have som additional logging turned on as well. If you let me know exactly when you logged in and your IP address (not here, email should be okay) I can dig through the log and see if I can pinpoint your exact error.
brassmedic

Post by brassmedic »

Still have to log in EVERY time I visit the site, both on my phone and on my PC. I find it hard to believe my caches failed at exactly the the same time on both devices. I'll just log in every time if that's what I have to do.
StefanHaller

Post by StefanHaller »

Stupid question: did you notice the "Remember me" checkbox on the login screen?
BGuttman

Post by BGuttman »

StefanHaller wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 2:17 am Stupid question: did you notice the "Remember me" checkbox on the login screen?
Sometimes the "remember me" button doesn't seem to work. I know every so often I get thrown off the Site but I use a special password that I don't use anywhere else and let my browser(s) store it so relogging isn't terribly difficult.
Bruce Guttman
Merrimack Valley Philharmonic Orchestra
"Almost Professional"
brassmedic

Post by brassmedic »

StefanHaller wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 2:17 am Stupid question: did you notice the "Remember me" checkbox on the login screen?
I'll try that, thanks.
OneTon

Post by OneTon »

There were a couple of things not matriculating well. I had to reboot my phone multiple times. Could be early onset digital dementia.
Richard Smith
Wichita, Kansas
brassmedic

Post by brassmedic »

Yeah, that was it. It was so simple I didn't see it. Seems to keep me logged in pretty well now.

Return to “News & Announcements”