Selling my Conn 8H Spec 1941

Important Trombone Chat information starts here.
teotrombone

Selling my Conn 8H Spec 1941

Post by teotrombone »

For sale is a very unique trombone.
This is a Conn 8H SPEC built in 1941, serial number 3410XX. It has a 7.75-inch Coprion (copper) bell, large shank receiver and .547 bore. Original case included. This trombone was recently serviced by Hans Kromat (Germany) so it is ready to play right out of the case!
So what is so special (SPEC) about this 8H? Let’s cover a few things……….
This might be the first, and perhaps the last, 8H you ever see with a Coprion bell. Conn developed the Coprion process in 1938. In their 1959 catalog, Conn stated with the Coprion bell you can't overblow or 'crack' a note. Also, according to Conn, "Coprion has a special characteristic which permits great dynamic range without change in tone color." It is generally accepted that higher copper content bells make the sound "darker" and have better projection.
The slide tenon and bell tenon will accept a regular 8H/88H bell and slide. If you already have an 8H/88H, this instrument will give you more combinations and added versatility to you collection.

Feel free to write me for any questions.

$ 2500 OBO
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
hyperbolica

Re: Selling my Conn 8H Spec 1941

Post by hyperbolica »

Whoa! Never seen one like this before. Is that a new hand slide crook too? Can you comment on how it plays?
SwissTbone

Post by SwissTbone »

The hand slide crook looks chrome plated. Right? Love it, much less prone to corrosion.
ƒƒ---------------------------------------------------ƒƒ
Like trombones? Head over to https://swisstbone.com/ to see some great vintage and custom horns!
teotrombone

Post by teotrombone »

Is all original.
The crook had few ugly dentsand was fixed. That’s why it looks so beautiful and not Original.

The idea was also to fix the crome. But that would make the instrument not 100% original anymore. And you don’t feel it while playing that the crome isn’t 100% perfect.
To be honest, I am sure the slide will last longer than me (mid30)

How is the sound, how is to play it.

The idea was to buy a smaller sounding instrument but not really smaller in size.
Well, it didn’t work out.
The sound is very dense, rich and dark.

Why selling it?
I don’t play it enough. Own a instrument only for owning it is not really my point. This baby beast must be played and should not wait in the case for me.

Return to “News & Announcements”