Southern California Trombone Day POSTPONED

Important Trombone Chat information starts here.
Posaunus

Southern California Trombone Day POSTPONED

Post by Posaunus »

Official announcement today:

SoCal Trombone Day at Mt SAC
POSTPONED

Regrettably, ongoing restrictions on in-person, on-campus, activities due to the continuing COVID-19 pandemic – and out of an abundance of caution – Trombone Day 2022 will NOT take place February 5, as planned. We hope to reschedule for Spring this year, provided health conditions in the area improve. Please stay tuned to our FACEBOOK PAGE for updates.

Please pass the word and feel free to forward this email.

Trombone Day is an annual workshop co-sponsored by BonesWest, Mount San Antonio College, California State University, Fullerton and Phi Mu Alpha Sinfonia Fraternity of America, Omicron Pi Chapter.
2bobone

Re: Southern California Trombone Day POSTPONED

Post by 2bobone »

As sorry as I am that the event will not take place, I am equally pleased to see that Phi Mu Alpha Fraternity was involved in the original efforts to bring it about. The reasonable "abundance of caution" is what would be expected from a group of intelligent individuals doing their best to protect their core interests so that they would survive what could be a very destructive event. Kudos to you all !
When amongst friends, I have often said that I learned as much from my Phi Mu Alpha fraternal membership as I did at The Eastman School of Music where I was a student. As years pass, one often wonders if those that follow you will have the same experience, and it appears that they do, judging by the activities of the "Omicron Pi" chapter. I am not only grateful that it is so, but that music still retains every ounce of the power now, as it did then. There is no question that our lives would have been markedly different had we not discovered our muse. Carry on ! Bob Kraft ESM -'56

Return to “News & Announcements”