Hello - New Here

Important Trombone Chat information starts here.
olivegreenink

Hello - New Here

Post by olivegreenink »

Hello all. I think I'm a new member. I know I was part of a million message boards, sites, and other assorted groups in the mid 90s up until the mid 2000s. Since then I've more or less hung up my horns other than being sure my kiddo had practice on mouthpieces from about 2-3 years old. I've recently been bitten by the bug to do more restoration work again. I did a TON of this 100% self-taught with many mistakes made during the same time frame working out of an attached outside closet/room in the condo I was in. I just did a trumpet restoration (90% aesthetic/10% function) and I'm totally ready for the next one. My cycle of buy-try-repair-sell is long-standing. Thankfully I now have access to a proper garage.

At the moment I have my delving into a proper bass trombone for the first time ever. Though trombone has always been my principal instrument, I began college as a Tuba and Euph major. And I have loooooong hours of muscle memory trying to convince my 88H that it was a contrabass at best and dual rotor bass at a minimum. As fun as squealing high notes are, my jam was cranking out the low end. So, spoiler alert: I'll be reading up here in short order on how to magically transform my Conn into something with twice the number of triggers. COVID has given me the chance to dabble a bit more with my "stable" as this site calls it, so there is that silver lining. Looking forward to doing more reading than posting and soaking it all back in again. :)

Cheers
pompatus

Re: Hello - New Here

Post by pompatus »

Welcome back, to the community!
olivegreenink

Post by olivegreenink »

Thank you so much. Glad to be here.

Cheers
Neo Bri

Post by Neo Bri »

Welcome! Looking forward to having you join us.

Return to “News & Announcements”