Central Ohio

Important Trombone Chat information starts here.
chamm

Central Ohio

Post by chamm »

I'm not assuming anyone cares to read my bio, but I've got to make a couple posts before I can do anything on this board, so here goes.

Trombone player in Central Ohio. I've had a small studio for about 25 years here, giving lessons to high school/middle school students. I play in several local groups. I've been paid for performances, so that technically makes me a professional, however I would describe myself as a competent amateur. I have a degree in Music Education and Music Performance, but I'm an IT Systems Engineer for my day job. Orchestral repertoire is my favorite, and I aspire to play with a local community orchestra in town, but alas, I've never been in the right place at the right time to get into one. I also really enjoy musical theatre, and I gig quite a bit with various community and professional productions around town. My primary instrument in college was bass trombone, but in the last 15 years or so, I've been playing mostly tenor. My son (and prize student) is also a trombone player about to enter college as an education/performance major, and I have an 11 year old daughter who's been playing for about 3 years.

And that's about all there is to say about that.
Kingfan

Re: Central Ohio

Post by Kingfan »

Welcome. fellow Buckeye!
I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are still missing! :D
Greg Songer
King 606, King 3B-F: DE LT101/LTD/D3
King 4B-F: Bach 5G Megatone gold plated
King 2107 bass: DE MB109/MB J/J8 King
Trav1s

Post by Trav1s »

Welcome from another Buckeye! I'm back after close to 20 years west of the Mississippi. Do you know of any trombone choirs I could join?
Travis B.
Trombone player since 1986 and Conn-vert since 2006
1961 24H - LT101/C+/D2
1969 79H - LT102/D/D4
1972 80H - Unicorn
Benge 165F LT102/F+/G8
trombonesLOUDERplease

Post by trombonesLOUDERplease »

Greetings fellow Buckeyes!

OH! __!

Tony Weikel (Capital/Otterbein trombone instructor) and I are (slowly) working on organizing a Columbus-area community trombone choir.

Feel free to PM me with your contact info, or reach out to Tony directly at Capital. As we get rolling, I’ll keep you in the loop.

Thanks.
Trav1s

Post by Trav1s »

Thanks for the update! I contacted the Cap Trombone Studio through facebook and was advised that the choir is only open for students. I'll send TrombonesLOUDERplease a message
Travis B.
Trombone player since 1986 and Conn-vert since 2006
1961 24H - LT101/C+/D2
1969 79H - LT102/D/D4
1972 80H - Unicorn
Benge 165F LT102/F+/G8

Return to “News & Announcements”