Shipping USPS Greenville, SC, US to Copenhagen, DK - over Greece ???

Forum rules
Welcome to TromboneChat Classifieds! Please read carefully, as our rules may differ from past experiences.

1. TromboneChat is not eBay and does not guarantee transaction satisfaction. Don't get scammed; caveat emptor.

2. TromboneChat administrators and moderators are in no way endorsing any sellers, advertisers, or items.

3. TromboneChat Classifieds are free.

4. Occasional "bump posts" are allowed. Users who are, in the opinion of the moderators, abusing this privilege will be warned. After a warning, if the abuse continues, the user will be temporarily banned from posting.

5. Check the post date. It may be quite old. Sellers - update your post to let people know it's SOLD.

Enjoy browsing and posting in the Classifieds! Please send the moderators a PM if you need clarification.

NOTE: If you want to PM or e-mail another member, you can only do so after having two approved posts. Additionally, if you wish to receive e-mails, please update your profile to include your e-mail address. This is a more secure way of handling your e-mail. The classifieds are open to the major search engines and it's very easy for a bot to parse something like 'email at provider dot com' but without authentication and two approved posts, outsiders cannot see the e-mail you have in your profile.
marccromme

Shipping USPS Greenville, SC, US to Copenhagen, DK - over Greece ???

Post by marccromme » Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:14 pm

Probably not the right spot to put this topic, but here you go:

I bought a mouthpiece from a forum member, who shipped it promptly (thanks !!!) with USPS Priority Mail International Parcels with up to $200 insurance included.

It went from MIAMI FL to GREECE !!! And seems stuck there for a week. These are the last tracking informations.

Is that routing normal ??? Seems like a bad idea to send over Greece ... I expected to get it shipped over Frankfurt, which is the major airhub in West Europe, possibly Paris or London ... really odd ...

April 7, 2021, 8:00 am
Customs Clearance Processing Complete
GREECE

April 1, 2021, 8:12 am
Customs Clearance
GREECE

March 31, 2021, 4:27 pm
Processed Through Facility
GREECE

March 23, 2021
In Transit to Next Facility

March 19, 2021, 11:01 am
Departed USPS Regional Facility
MIAMI FL INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER

March 19, 2021, 7:53 am
Arrived at USPS Regional Facility
MIAMI FL INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER

March 17, 2021, 1:14 am
Departed USPS Regional Facility
GREENVILLE SC DISTRIBUTION CENTER

March 17, 2021, 1:12 am
Arrived at USPS Regional Facility
GREENVILLE SC DISTRIBUTION CENTER

March 16, 2021, 11:57 pm
Accepted at USPS Origin Facility
GREENVILLE, SC 29614

March 15, 2021
Pre-Shipment Info Sent to USPS, USPS Awaiting Item
Elow

Re: Shipping USPS Greenville, SC, US to Copenhagen, DK - over Greece ???

Post by Elow » Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:22 pm

I sent a leadpipe over to germany and it went to germany and then australia sat for a week or two and then back to germany to its destination. I would give it another week
marccromme

Post by marccromme » Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:31 pm

Amazing! Germany - Australia - Germany .... one should think that shipping companies of all know the layout of an earth map ... well, I'll wait ...

On the good side, I got recently a Conn 110H send from Scotland to Denmark, Copenhagen by another trombonechat fellow (and thanks for that one too!!!!). I seems that Customs between UK and EU is now so busy that they had the package only for a few hours and did send it along without requiring me to pay the additional import taxes and VAT - since UK now is out of EU. So I was a happy man.
JohnL

Post by JohnL » Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:12 pm

I once had a shipment that was bound for La Palma, CA make a side-trip to La Plata, MO.
Crazy4Tbone86

Post by Crazy4Tbone86 » Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:17 am

Elow wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:22 pm
I sent a leadpipe over to germany and it went to germany and then australia sat for a week or two and then back to germany to its destination. I would give it another week
Are you sure it went to Australia? I would hypothesize that it went to Austria, then back to Germany.
Brian D. Hinkley - Player, Teacher, Technician and Trombone Enthusiast
BGuttman

Post by BGuttman » Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:25 am

Crazy4Tbone86 wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:17 am
Elow wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:22 pm
Are you sure it went to Australia? I would hypothesize that it went to Austria, then back to Germany.
Australia, Austria ... It's just two letters :tongue: (and half a world away). Still, given that luggage bound for Bayreuth was sent by mistake to Beirut, I would not be surprised about anything.
Bruce Guttman
Merrimack Valley Philharmonic Orchestra
"Almost Professional"
SwissTbone

Post by SwissTbone » Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:32 am

I had a trombone coming from the US going to Japan, sitting there for a while before coming to Switzerland... Strange stuff happens.
ƒƒ---------------------------------------------------ƒƒ
Like trombones? Head over to https://swisstbone.com/ to see some great vintage and custom horns!
Elow

Post by Elow » Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:17 am

Yup australia
marccromme

Post by marccromme » Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:18 pm

Sic, still stuck in Greece, did not move since 7th of april ...
Doug Elliott

Post by Doug Elliott » Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:36 pm

Packages that go to the wrong country can get stuck for weeks or even months. I had one going to England that went to Canada instead, for 7 weeks, and then returned back to me.
marccromme

Post by marccromme » Sat Apr 24, 2021 11:53 am

Amazing, I have to wait, it seems

Return to “(Classifieds) Everything Else”