Cases for Sale

Forum rules
Welcome to TromboneChat Classifieds! Please read carefully, as our rules may differ from past experiences.

1. TromboneChat is not eBay and does not guarantee transaction satisfaction. Don't get scammed.

2. TromboneChat administrators and moderators are in no way endorsing any sellers, advertisers, or items.

3. TromboneChat Classifieds are free.

4. Occasional "bump posts" are allowed. Users who are, in the opinion of the moderators, abusing this privilege will be warned. After a warning, if the abuse continues, the user will be temporarily banned from posting.

5. Check the post date. It may be quite old. Sellers - update your post to let people know it's SOLD.

Enjoy browsing and posting in the Classifieds! Please send the moderators a PM if you need clarification.

NOTE: If you want to PM or e-mail another member, you can only do so after having two approved posts. Additionally, if you wish to receive e-mails, please update your profile to include your e-mail address. This is a more secure way of handling your e-mail. The classifieds are open to the major search engines and it's very easy for a bot to parse something like 'email at provider dot com' but without authentication and two approved posts, outsiders cannot see the e-mail you have in your profile.
JTrain

Cases for Sale

Post by JTrain » Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:52 am

Hi everyone,

I need to make some room in my closet, so I am selling two cases that have been hanging out in there.

1. King 4B Case: This case is original to my vintage King 4B. Anyone who has owned one of these knows that they aren't great at holding the bell in place. I had planned to do some modification to it to make it more usable, but instead I bought a protec case off TTF. The case is in okay shape already. It would be a good candidate for restoration, or to be modified into a better case with room for mutes or maybe even a tenor/alto case. Or if having a vintage case with your vintage horn is important to you, this might fit the bill. Does not fit a 3B or 3Bf, but it might fit a King Bass. I was not able to test that. $50 plus shipping and it's yours to do with as you please.

2. Gig Brand Backpack Case for Bass Trombone: This case seems to be the predecessor to the Tom and Will or Fusion style backpack gig bags. It is large enough to hold a 10.5", open wrap, air cannon, but it can also be used for smaller bases and large tenors even though it is overkill. I really wanted to like this case, but it doesn't work well enough as a backpack for me to cycle to school with it on my back. If all you are doing is walking around campus or to and from a car, it's great. The slide is stored in a hard sided pocket, and the bell is sat on end on top of a hard bottom. As gig bags go, I would trust this one to keep my horn safe in almost any situation. No broken zippers. $100 plus shipping.

Pictures: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/lpsqtow66laf ... m1tNa?dl=0

Feel free to make an offer. If you live in or around the Phoenix Metro area we can meet to make the sale. If you are along the I-15 between Vegas and Ogden and can wait, I am willing to meet in person to make the sale as well.

Thanks,

Jared
JTrain

Re: Cases for Sale

Post by JTrain » Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:15 pm

Hi everyone,

I will entertain any offers on these.

If you're on the fence, please PM me or reply here with your offer.

Thanks,

Jared
Thrawn22

Post by Thrawn22 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:47 pm

Hmmmmm.....
JTrain

Post by JTrain » Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:28 pm

Gig brand backpack case is sold.

Return to “(Classifieds) Cases”