Protec straight tenor case for sale. Almost new!

Forum rules
Welcome to TromboneChat Classifieds! Please read carefully, as our rules may differ from past experiences.

1. TromboneChat is not eBay and does not guarantee transaction satisfaction. Don't get scammed; caveat emptor.

2. TromboneChat administrators and moderators are in no way endorsing any sellers, advertisers, or items.

3. TromboneChat Classifieds are free.

4. Occasional "bump posts" are allowed. Users who are, in the opinion of the moderators, abusing this privilege will be warned. After a warning, if the abuse continues, the user will be temporarily banned from posting.

5. Check the post date. It may be quite old. Sellers - update your post to let people know it's SOLD.

Enjoy browsing and posting in the Classifieds! Please send the moderators a PM if you need clarification.

NOTE: If you want to PM or e-mail another member, you can only do so after having two approved posts. Additionally, if you wish to receive e-mails, please update your profile to include your e-mail address. This is a more secure way of handling your e-mail. The classifieds are open to the major search engines and it's very easy for a bot to parse something like 'email at provider dot com' but without authentication and two approved posts, outsiders cannot see the e-mail you have in your profile.
Sgroth01

Protec straight tenor case for sale. Almost new!

Post by Sgroth01 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:34 pm

SOLD 11-25-21

Hello everyone! I have a Protec aftermarket tenor trombone case I'd like to sell. It's only been to one gig (due to the covid shutdown of everything right after I bought the case!) and is in mint condition with a little dust on it. I switched to an F attachment Benge 2 summers ago and the case won't accommodate the extra spaghetti. It could be modified, I think, by removing the spacer that is glued to the top that holds the tuning slide end of the trombone in place, but I don't want to risk ruining the case somehow. The case DID work fine for my Benge 170 however so I'd say it's best suited for straight tenor trombone.

I only want $75 for the case (it was about $150 new, 2 years ago) as I'd rather someone have it who can put it to good use. The problem will be shipping charges. The case weighs about 10 lbs (I weighed it on a digital office scale) but will require a bulky shipping box. I'm in S. CA (Temecula area) and would be happy to meet you somewhere to do the deal, or work something like that out so save you the shipping costs. If interested or want to see pictures, send me an email here and I'll reply as quickly as possible.

Steve
Last edited by Sgroth01 on Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
spencercarran

Re: Protec straight tenor case for sale. Almost new!

Post by spencercarran » Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:08 pm

To save on the bulky box - you can slap a shipping label right on the case and it goes through the mail like that. Probably $35-40 through USPS (I did it with the old hard case that my Benge came in).
Sgroth01

Post by Sgroth01 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:59 am

Good info, Spencer! I'd be scared to death that the P.O. would destroy it, however. Some of my stuff arrives pretty mangled. Have you done what you recommend and had a good outcome? Just curious, as UPS and Fedex prices are pretty much through the roof these days and I'm selling off some car parts.

spencercarran wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:08 pm
To save on the bulky box - you can slap a shipping label right on the case and it goes through the mail like that. Probably $35-40 through USPS (I did it with the old hard case that my Benge came in).
BGuttman

Post by BGuttman » Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:27 pm

Sgroth01 wrote:
Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:59 am
Good info, Spencer! I'd be scared to death that the P.O. would destroy it, however. Some of my stuff arrives pretty mangled. Have you done what you recommend and had a good outcome? Just curious, as UPS and Fedex prices are pretty much through the roof these days and I'm selling off some car parts.

spencercarran wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:08 pm
I got an Altieri case sent just that way (shipping label attached to the bag). Came through fine. Don't know if I'd trust one with a horn in it, though.
Bruce Guttman
Merrimack Valley Philharmonic Orchestra
"Almost Professional"
spencercarran

Post by spencercarran » Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:29 am

Definitely wouldn't do that with a horn in the case, as Bruce says. But it does seem to work well for an empty case; worst that's likely is the outside getting a bit scuffed.

Return to “(Classifieds) Cases”