Superfine Handcrafted Cases - SALE!

Forum rules
Welcome to TromboneChat Classifieds! Please read carefully, as our rules may differ from past experiences.

1. TromboneChat is not eBay and does not guarantee transaction satisfaction. Don't get scammed; caveat emptor.

2. TromboneChat administrators and moderators are in no way endorsing any sellers, advertisers, or items.

3. TromboneChat Classifieds are free.

4. Occasional "bump posts" are allowed. Users who are, in the opinion of the moderators, abusing this privilege will be warned. After a warning, if the abuse continues, the user will be temporarily banned from posting.

5. Check the post date. It may be quite old. Sellers - update your post to let people know it's SOLD.

Enjoy browsing and posting in the Classifieds! Please send the moderators a PM if you need clarification.

NOTE: If you want to PM or e-mail another member, you can only do so after having two approved posts. Additionally, if you wish to receive e-mails, please update your profile to include your e-mail address. This is a more secure way of handling your e-mail. The classifieds are open to the major search engines and it's very easy for a bot to parse something like 'email at provider dot com' but without authentication and two approved posts, outsiders cannot see the e-mail you have in your profile.
greenbean

Re: Superfine Handcrafted Cases - SALE!

Post by greenbean » Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:35 pm

At some point, yes. But I think that is still a ways off...
greenbean

Post by greenbean » Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:12 pm

Okay, small tenor screwbell bag is ready. 32" long, 10" tall, and 5.5" wide. I used a flare mock-up: 8" in diameter, 3" thick, and 3" threaded part. Velcro keeps the flare pouch from moving around (not included on the prototype shown). Single "backpack" strap on the side of the case works better than the usual backpack straps. The slide case is the same one that comes with our Touring bag.

Photos: https://photos.app.goo.gl/y88CkJs7mzwNQkka8
Posaunus

Post by Posaunus » Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:27 pm

Tom,

Looks great. Clever mock-up.

Now all I need is a small tenor trombone with a screwbell! ;)
Burgerbob

Post by Burgerbob » Fri Oct 23, 2020 12:12 am

Got my bass touring case, made a video about it. Overall very pleased, what a baller case!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QqcJza7o3E
Vegastokc

Post by Vegastokc » Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:44 am

Burgerbob wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 12:12 am
Got my bass touring case, made a video about it. Overall very pleased, what a baller case!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QqcJza7o3E
Watched it last night! Beautiful case.
Really like what Superfine is doing (opinion based only on what I can peruse on their website. :P)

Incidentally, I have been watching your videos for months before I realized that was you .
When they first popped up I thought "who is this 15 year old with amazing equipment talking about trombones?" :lol:
Then I read your bio and realized who you were. :good:
Respect.

Michael Saffier
Kansas City, MO
Michael Saffier
just a guy with a mild trombone habit; I can quit anytime I want...
greenbean

Post by greenbean » Wed Nov 11, 2020 3:28 pm

Aidan, I watched your video, too. Very informative. Thank you. But, sheesh - the uneven backpack straps?! - man, that is embarrassing. I located the problem and fixed it but, still... And no pouch? I will send you one.
Burgerbob

Post by Burgerbob » Wed Nov 11, 2020 3:40 pm

greenbean wrote:
Wed Nov 11, 2020 3:28 pm
Aidan, I watched your video, too. Very informative. Thank you. But, sheesh - the uneven backpack straps?! - man, that is embarrassing. I located the problem and fixed it but, still... And no pouch? I will send you one.
Thanks, Tom! Loving the case. I think I have an idea for a similar one with simply expanded dimensions for my contra...
greenbean

Post by greenbean » Wed Nov 11, 2020 5:57 pm

We made our first contra bag a few weeks ago. It could be something like this. Or not!...

https://photos.app.goo.gl/Z6XwYT8fZFjHfMq78
Burgerbob

Post by Burgerbob » Wed Nov 11, 2020 6:00 pm

greenbean wrote:
Wed Nov 11, 2020 5:57 pm
We made our first contra bag a few weeks ago. It could be something like this. Or not!...

https://photos.app.goo.gl/Z6XwYT8fZFjHfMq78
That's the direction I was thinking! Mine would be quite a different shape, of course. I'm glad you've already started in that vein!
Finetales

Post by Finetales » Wed Nov 11, 2020 8:14 pm

I'll definitely be ordering from Superfine the next time I'm looking to add another bag. That top-loading euph bag is one of the swankiest bags I've ever seen!

Waiting for a bass trumpet and mellophonium bag to show up on the website... :biggrin:
MagnumH

Post by MagnumH » Wed Nov 11, 2020 9:43 pm

Anytime you want a lab rat for a sousaphone case I’d be delighted to volunteer my opinions.
Matt Hawke
Trombonist/Arranger/Bandleader
White Hot Brass Band // The Brass Machine // Jacob’s Heep
Stable: BAC Paseo W6 Custom w/ DE MTN102 B+3 mpc; King 2B w/ King 12C mpc; King sousaphone (1955-60) w/ Faxx 18 mpc

Return to “(Classifieds) Cases”