FS: Brand Mundstucke

Forum rules
Welcome to TromboneChat Classifieds! Please read carefully, as our rules may differ from past experiences.

1. TromboneChat is not eBay and does not guarantee transaction satisfaction. Don't get scammed; caveat emptor.

2. TromboneChat administrators and moderators are in no way endorsing any sellers, advertisers, or items.

3. TromboneChat Classifieds are free.

4. Occasional "bump posts" are allowed. Users who are, in the opinion of the moderators, abusing this privilege will be warned. After a warning, if the abuse continues, the user will be temporarily banned from posting.

5. Check the post date. It may be quite old. Sellers - update your post to let people know it's SOLD.

Enjoy browsing and posting in the Classifieds! Please send the moderators a PM if you need clarification.

NOTE: If you want to PM or e-mail another member, you can only do so after having two approved posts. Additionally, if you wish to receive e-mails, please update your profile to include your e-mail address. This is a more secure way of handling your e-mail. The classifieds are open to the major search engines and it's very easy for a bot to parse something like 'email at provider dot com' but without authentication and two approved posts, outsiders cannot see the e-mail you have in your profile.
MusicWagon

FS: Brand Mundstucke

Post by MusicWagon »

Brand Mundstucke (Brand Mouthpieces) from Switzerland are tested by players, supported by instrument makers, and brought to market by an enthusiastic network of music retailers! The patented TurboBlow mouthpieces are known for increased volume and amazing sonority, and lend to graceful tone.

Contact us and mention "trombone chat" to receive free economy shipping within the USA.

https://the-music-wagon-llc.square.site ... egory_id=4
Posaunus

Re: FS: Brand Mundstucke

Post by Posaunus »

Interesting. But it would help to know the specifications / dimensions / near equivalents of the various mouthpieces which are only listed by numbers/letters. For instance, what is a "10C" ? :idk:
SimmonsTrombone

Post by SimmonsTrombone »

And what are they made of?
Vegasbound

Post by Vegasbound »

I know a few pro’s here in the Uk who have been used as guinea pigs during the development and have said they are very good quality materials and well made
afugate

Post by afugate »

Kelly Mouthpieces (the plastic MP company) used to market a mouthpiece line called the "TurboBlow." The magic was supposed to be that the shanks were rifled.

Is this the same product?

--Andy in OKC
andym

Post by andym »

I did a Google search and found the manufacturers website. The text wasn’t particularly informative, but some of the images showed a plastic mouthpiece with twisting ridges down the backbone.
The user formerly known as amichael on TTF.
Posaunus

Post by Posaunus »

andym wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 3:10 am I did a Google search and found the manufacturers website. The text wasn’t particularly informative, but some of the images showed a plastic mouthpiece with twisting ridges down the backbone.
You don't need to search - the link was in the original post! Photos included. But not much information.

https://the-music-wagon-llc.square.site ... egory_id=4
DougHulme

Post by DougHulme »

Thats just a shop, your side of the pond. I think this is probably what andym was talking about.

http://www.mundstuecke.ch/en/
DougHulme

Post by DougHulme »

afugate said
Kelly Mouthpieces (the plastic MP company) used to market a mouthpiece line called the "TurboBlow." The magic was supposed to be that the shanks were rifled.

Is this the same product?
On their website they say "Brand Mouthpieces is the owner of the patent for the Turbobore which is also known as TurboBlow. Constructed by Romeo Adaci Germany R.I.P. Let’s go and try it!"

Thus I conclude the answer to afugates question is almost certainly YES.
andym

Post by andym »

Posanus, I think the link at the top is to a seller. The better pics I found were on the manufacturer’s web site. I’m having trouble finding the same pics again but they clearly showed twisting ridges in the bore that I can’t see on the original site.

Here’s the site I was looking at http://www.mundstuecke.ch/en/
The user formerly known as amichael on TTF.
Posaunus

Post by Posaunus »

andym wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 3:01 pm Posanus, I think the link at the top is to a seller.

Here’s the site I was looking at http://www.mundstuecke.ch/en/
Indeed you are right, Andy. But both Websites are short on information about the pieces (e.g., dimensions / specifications), other than descriptors like:
"Wide"
"Rich"
"Mellow"
"Medium"
"Smooth"
"Narrow"

I guess the model numbers refer to the Bach mouthpiece numbering system, a sort of (unfortunate) world standard.

It's also interesting that Brand Mundestücke is in Switzerland, but the plastic "rifled" Turbobore / TurboBlow mouthpieces are "Constructed by Romeo Adaci Germany R.I.P. "

Would love to learn how real-world trombonists like these pieces. :idk:
Klimchak

Post by Klimchak »

Aubrey Logan uses them. For a bit, she used it with the big “tone intensifier”, but now uses them as is.
Finetales

Post by Finetales »

I have a Brand trumpet mouthpiece and tried a bunch of their trumpet and trombone mouthpieces at NAMM one year. The trumpet mouthpieces are very good and super comfortable - very different to something a Kelly. I personally didn't get along very well with the trombone mouthpieces, but I don't get along with Greg Blacks or G&Ws either. The Brand mouthpieces are certainly good, and the tone booster thing makes a huge difference.
DougHulme

Post by DougHulme »

It's also interesting that Brand Mundestücke is in Switzerland, but the plastic "rifled" Turbobore / TurboBlow mouthpieces are "Constructed by Romeo Adaci Germany R.I.P. "
I am guessing "R.I.P" means rest in peace and that therefore means they went bust and Brand Mundstucke bought the patent from them. I'd put a small wager that although ownership and marketing is in Switzerland manufacture will be in China. There appears to be a shortage of Trombone pieces and the boosters so that probably means shipping issues from China?

I'll stick with Doug Elliot... I know where he lives!!!

Doug
MusicWagon

Post by MusicWagon »

Sorry for the late reply, everyone. No, the mouthpieces are not made and will not be made in China. It is my understanding that they will continue to be made as they have been. New product developments will be announced in the coming year, which should also yield a new manufacturer website. I can send comparison charts directly to anyone who is interested, just let me know. I too was skeptical until I tried them, and then became an enthusiastic vendor. I currently ship these all across the nation routinely!
Last edited by MusicWagon on Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MusicWagon

Post by MusicWagon »

Posaunus wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 9:33 pm Interesting. But it would help to know the specifications / dimensions / near equivalents of the various mouthpieces which are only listed by numbers/letters. For instance, what is a "10C" ? :idk:
The Brand 10C equates to a Denis Wick 10C with a diameter of 25.30mm and cup depth of 21.80mm.
MusicWagon

Post by MusicWagon »

I believe I have successfully attached comparison and spec sheets.
Attachments
18.01.01 Brand Mouthpieces Dimensions.pdf
(823.59 KiB) Downloaded 23 times
BRAND Comparisson Chart.pdf
(348.89 KiB) Downloaded 27 times

Return to “(Classifieds) Mouthpieces”