FS: Olds Recording R20

Forum rules
Welcome to TromboneChat Classifieds! Please read carefully, as our rules may differ from past experiences.

1. TromboneChat is not eBay and does not guarantee transaction satisfaction. Don't get scammed.

2. TromboneChat administrators and moderators are in no way endorsing any sellers, advertisers, or items.

3. TromboneChat Classifieds are free.

4. Occasional "bump posts" are allowed. Users who are, in the opinion of the moderators, abusing this privilege will be warned. After a warning, if the abuse continues, the user will be temporarily banned from posting.

5. Check the post date. It may be quite old. Sellers - update your post to let people know it's SOLD.

Enjoy browsing and posting in the Classifieds! Please send the moderators a PM if you need clarification.

NOTE: If you want to PM or e-mail another member, you can only do so after having two approved posts. Additionally, if you wish to receive e-mails, please update your profile to include your e-mail address. This is a more secure way of handling your e-mail. The classifieds are open to the major search engines and it's very easy for a bot to parse something like 'email at provider dot com' but without authentication and two approved posts, outsiders cannot see the e-mail you have in your profile.
JTrain

FS: Olds Recording R20

Post by JTrain » Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:39 pm

Hi all,

Second attempt at posting this. I need to sell a few horns in order to buy an engagement ring and start a family.

For sale is an Olds Recording R20 in excellent condition. It has an 8 1/2" bell, with a dual bore of .495/.510 and .515 through the trigger section. Owning a King 3BF, it compares favorably to it. Both horns play larger than they are and fit into a great variety of situations. I have played this horn in quartets, college bands, and for solo work.

It's a real head turner with it's rose brass bell and nickle silver hand and tuning slide. The lacquer is in great shape, and I have tried to photograph any imperfections or defects in it.

The slide has the original fluted inner slides with only minimal wear on the bottom inner and a small dent where the bell must have contacted the slide on the upper inner slide tube. Neither effect the action, which is fast and works exceptionally well with a small amount of trombotine.

While the valve is an unusual closed wrap, I find that the trigger notes and low register are open and sound freely. The way the trigger is designed, you are able to hold the horn by the main bell brace and actuate the trigger at the same time. It is comfortable and the horn is securely held.

Included is a Kaces brand foam body case. The previous owner modified it to fit the longer bell section, and it is not unsightly nor does it shed foam in the case. Additionally, I will include an Olds 1 mouthpiece. This is the mouthpiece the horn would have shipped from the factory with and it pairs well with the horn. To my face, it feels like a 6 1/2 AL.

Pictures: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/c707d5gkr97i ... 77wma?dl=0

I am willing to meet in person for the sale if you live in the Phoenix Metro area. If you are located in or near Las Vegas or anywhere in Utah south of Logan, I can also meet you for the sale if you are willing to wait for me to travel to you.

$1200 OBO. All offers considered.
JTrain

Re: FS: Olds Recording R20

Post by JTrain » Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:06 am

Hi all,

I was able to take some better photographs. Link is below.

Again, I am open to offers.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/d954mf9ca7r5 ... 4nGha?dl=0

Return to “(Classifieds) Instruments & Parts”