FS: Bob Williams 6

Forum rules
Welcome to TromboneChat Classifieds! Please read carefully, as our rules may differ from past experiences.

1. TromboneChat is not eBay and does not guarantee transaction satisfaction. Don't get scammed.

2. TromboneChat administrators and moderators are in no way endorsing any sellers, advertisers, or items.

3. TromboneChat Classifieds are free.

4. Occasional "bump posts" are allowed. Users who are, in the opinion of the moderators, abusing this privilege will be warned. After a warning, if the abuse continues, the user will be temporarily banned from posting.

5. Check the post date. It may be quite old. Sellers - update your post to let people know it's SOLD.

Enjoy browsing and posting in the Classifieds! Please send the moderators a PM if you need clarification.

NOTE: If you want to PM or e-mail another member, you can only do so after having two approved posts. Additionally, if you wish to receive e-mails, please update your profile to include your e-mail address. This is a more secure way of handling your e-mail. The classifieds are open to the major search engines and it's very easy for a bot to parse something like 'email at provider dot com' but without authentication and two approved posts, outsiders cannot see the e-mail you have in your profile.
ngrinder

FS: Bob Williams 6

Post by ngrinder » Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:42 pm

I bought this horn from the BrassArk last December, and while it's an absolutely fantastic instrument, it's just not for me. I want it to go to someone who will play it more! Here's what BrassArk said about it:

"Rare Burbank Earl Williams model 6 trombone, .500" bore slide with 8" bell. This one was made by Bob Williams, Earl's son. The outer tubes and leadpipe are from a Conn 100H (there is a small patch on the bottom tube). The bell is unstamped but is obviously original to the horn and authentic Williams. As such, price reflects so this is a bargain for a monster playing Williams."

I have also verified with a former employee at the Williams factory that even though this bell is unstamped, it is authentic.

Leadpipe is removable, and included is a Kanstul 6 pipe. I can also include an SKB case as well.

Pics: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/xyvvou7xy2qk ... U_2Sa?dl=0

$2300
BurckhardtS

Re: FS: Bob Williams 6

Post by BurckhardtS » Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:56 pm

I think I played on this Williams at the 2017 ITF, and I remember thinking if I had the money I would pick it up immediately...
Neo Bri

Post by Neo Bri » Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:19 pm

They are very special horns. I've thought of acquiring another one myself.

Post by ngrinder » Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:19 pm

Really wouldn't like to go any lower than $2300, but if you have an offer, let me know....
ngrinder

Post by ngrinder » Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:32 am

Thanks to those of you who expressed interest in this horn - I'll be either putting this on eBay or bringing it into a local shop for consignment in the next week or so. There's been a lot of interest, so if you'd like to pick it up, please let me know! This is a really great trombone.
ngrinder

Post by ngrinder » Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:39 am

Return to “(Classifieds) Instruments & Parts”