SOLD - Yamaha YSL 684 Trombone

Forum rules
Welcome to TromboneChat Classifieds! Please read carefully, as our rules may differ from past experiences.

1. TromboneChat is not eBay and does not guarantee transaction satisfaction. Don't get scammed.

2. TromboneChat administrators and moderators are in no way endorsing any sellers, advertisers, or items.

3. TromboneChat Classifieds are free.

4. Occasional "bump posts" are allowed. Users who are, in the opinion of the moderators, abusing this privilege will be warned. After a warning, if the abuse continues, the user will be temporarily banned from posting.

5. Check the post date. It may be quite old. Sellers - update your post to let people know it's SOLD.

Enjoy browsing and posting in the Classifieds! Please send the moderators a PM if you need clarification.

NOTE: If you want to PM or e-mail another member, you can only do so after having two approved posts. Additionally, if you wish to receive e-mails, please update your profile to include your e-mail address. This is a more secure way of handling your e-mail. The classifieds are open to the major search engines and it's very easy for a bot to parse something like 'email at provider dot com' but without authentication and two approved posts, outsiders cannot see the e-mail you have in your profile.
Goodgig

SOLD - Yamaha YSL 684 Trombone

Post by Goodgig » Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:06 pm

The Yamaha is a .525 bore horn that is a dream to play. This is a yellow brass version so it is much less common that the YSL 684G version. Has some cosmetic issues: scratches and swirls in the finish on the bell. Worn areas on hand grip areas. There is some plating loss on the inner slide stockings. Slide works as it should - 9/10. Wooden case is doing its job. Latches both work fine; interior is good, small chunk out of exterior bumper. Comes with a Yamaha 48 MP. Now $750 shipped to lower 48.

Selmer Paris 23 is a time capsule! It's in amazing condition - no dents no scratches. Quality is the best I've ever seen! Beautiful attention to detail. Quick Lightweight slide. I imaging that the patina could be be buffed out to a shine, but why would you want to? .485 bore, great jazz lead horn. Sounds similar to my 1940 NY Bach Mercury (Bach 6) No MP. SOLD
Last edited by Goodgig on Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:52 am, edited 5 times in total.
Neo Bri

Re: FS Yamaha YSL 684 Trombone & Selmer Paris 23

Post by Neo Bri » Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:44 pm

I moved this to the Classifieds, where it belongs.

Post by Goodgig » Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:18 pm

Thanks. Both now on eBay: Selmer is $525 plus shipping. Yamaha is $800 plus . If you buy through TromboneChat, I’ll cover shipping!
Last edited by Goodgig on Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Goodgig

Post by Goodgig » Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:57 pm

Both trombones are now on eBay Search Goodgig. Open to offers. Thanks.
Goodgig

Re: FS Yamaha YSL 684 Trombone & Selmer Paris 23 Lower Prices!

Post by Goodgig » Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:41 pm

Selmer is sold. Yamaha still available.

Return to “(Classifieds) Instruments & Parts”