FS/T: Shires Small Bore/YSL646/Shires Bass Components

Forum rules
Welcome to TromboneChat Classifieds! Please read carefully, as our rules may differ from past experiences.

1. TromboneChat is not eBay and does not guarantee transaction satisfaction. Don't get scammed.

2. TromboneChat administrators and moderators are in no way endorsing any sellers, advertisers, or items.

3. TromboneChat Classifieds are free.

4. Occasional "bump posts" are allowed. Users who are, in the opinion of the moderators, abusing this privilege will be warned. After a warning, if the abuse continues, the user will be temporarily banned from posting.

5. Check the post date. It may be quite old. Sellers - update your post to let people know it's SOLD.

Enjoy browsing and posting in the Classifieds! Please send the moderators a PM if you need clarification.

NOTE: If you want to PM or e-mail another member, you can only do so after having two approved posts. Additionally, if you wish to receive e-mails, please update your profile to include your e-mail address. This is a more secure way of handling your e-mail. The classifieds are open to the major search engines and it's very easy for a bot to parse something like 'email at provider dot com' but without authentication and two approved posts, outsiders cannot see the e-mail you have in your profile.
Matt K

FS/T: Shires Small Bore/YSL646/Shires Bass Components

Post by Matt K » Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:34 pm

So I thought I'd consolidate everything that I have into one place:

Shires Small bore
Leadpipe 2.5N
Slide: T08LW (w/ saturn water key)
Bell Section: S1YM8 (Small bore, 2 piece bell, yellow brass, medium weight, 8")

I'll post pictures later today after I take them. The tuning slide is silver plated yellow brass. Most of the horn is raw brass, but there is some lacquer left on it (inside the bell for example); not the prettiest horn but it plays quit well! Recently had a chem clean and a slide alignment done. Slide still isn't quit 10/10 but it's pretty good in my opinion. Could work out a trip to the slide dr in the price.

Pictures: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

Asking ca. $1875, incl. shipping CONUS

YSL646

Has a new tuning slide & handslide crook. The F attachment is a little out of alignment with the rest of the horn, although it still plays quite well so I decided to leave it alone. You'll also note that the knuckle had been repaired at some point (prior to my owning it). I went ahead and had my tech install a little support on the lower bell brace (pictured) that attaches to the F attachment tubing. The lower bell brace also has a very slight tear that I only noticed when another TBC member pointed out to me when they were trying it out earlier today. There is some stocking wear but the slide still is in pretty good shape and was just aligned. I didn't take as good of picture

Asking $899 OBO

Pictures: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

Shires BII 1Y Bell
I was planning on buying this or the Conn 112H bell from below from a friend, but I'm looking for a little lighter. As such, I'll consider offers but otherwise I'll probably hold onto it until I can get an entire bell section for this and then reevaluate selling this separately or something else.

Photos: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B21Vp ... VJUWEFpT1U

Conn 112H Setup for Shires valves
Same with the above Shires bell. This one is in raw brass. 10", red bell. Currently at Dillon, but it's been there for quite some time. Willing to recall it and trade around or something. Also willing to remove the mounting hardware. (Or go through them, of course!)

https://www.dillonmusic.com/conn-used-c ... es-re.html

Things I'd like for some combination of the above items/cash:
Shires bass valve section (any)
Edwards bass valve section (any)
Bach 50 (any configuration)
Lightweight bass bells, any 'reputable' maker. Preferably with soldered bell bead. Cut bells would be awesome (plan on doing it to the bell anyway).
Ralph Sauer bell (yeah, long shot)
Small bore bell w/ screw bell
MB/Basili Screwbell case (any)
as always: saturn water keys
Matt K

Re: FS/T: Shires Small Bore/YSL646/Shires Bass Components

Post by Matt K » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:18 pm

Updated with prices.
Matt K

Post by Matt K » Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:00 pm

Price Drop!

Shires: $1699
YSL646: $799
CalebHudsbone

Post by CalebHudsbone » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:07 pm

What bore is the shires small bore?
Matt K

Post by Matt K » Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:28 am

T = "Conn"/narrow width crook; 08 = 508. The crooks on their small bores are all the same afaik, but they do have a wider option for 525 and 547 horns making the "T" designation presently superfluous as best I can tell.
Matt K

Post by Matt K » Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:49 pm

Add a YSL350C to the list of horns I'd be interested in acquiring in a trade/partial trade.

-Matt
Davidmiller

Post by Davidmiller » Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:44 pm

Interested in the small bore shires!
Matt K

Post by Matt K » Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:23 pm

Davidmiller wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:44 pm
Interested in the small bore shires!
Cool! Send me an email! Busy tonight but I'll try to get to it tomorrow am.
Matt K

Post by Matt K » Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:18 pm

Price drop on the Shires -> $1675 :eek:

Return to “(Classifieds) Instruments & Parts”