FOUND—-WTB PARTS Bell-side socket for King 606 (Benge 170)

Forum rules
Welcome to TromboneChat Classifieds! Please read carefully, as our rules may differ from past experiences.

1. TromboneChat is not eBay and does not guarantee transaction satisfaction. Don't get scammed; caveat emptor.

2. TromboneChat administrators and moderators are in no way endorsing any sellers, advertisers, or items.

3. TromboneChat Classifieds are free.

4. Occasional "bump posts" are allowed. Users who are, in the opinion of the moderators, abusing this privilege will be warned. After a warning, if the abuse continues, the user will be temporarily banned from posting.

5. Check the post date. It may be quite old. Sellers - update your post to let people know it's SOLD.

Enjoy browsing and posting in the Classifieds! Please send the moderators a PM if you need clarification.

NOTE: If you want to PM or e-mail another member, you can only do so after having two approved posts. Additionally, if you wish to receive e-mails, please update your profile to include your e-mail address. This is a more secure way of handling your e-mail. The classifieds are open to the major search engines and it's very easy for a bot to parse something like 'email at provider dot com' but without authentication and two approved posts, outsiders cannot see the e-mail you have in your profile.
BrexWindWright

FOUND—-WTB PARTS Bell-side socket for King 606 (Benge 170)

Post by BrexWindWright » Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:02 pm

Hey, yall! I'm on the hunt for a King 606 bell section socket (or Benge 170).

Edit—Got the part I needed! Thanks for all the help! :D
Last edited by BrexWindWright on Fri Dec 04, 2020 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fix it. Make it better.
Jpechroer

Re: WTB PARTS Bell-side socket for King 606 (Benge 170)

Post by Jpechroer » Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:43 pm

What do ya mean bell socket? Can you be more precise? I may have what your looking for
BrexWindWright

Post by BrexWindWright » Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:40 pm

There are two pieces that slot into each other to connect the handslide (tenon side--male) to the bell section (socket side--female) and are secured with a nut (for Kings and Benge trombones this is on the handslide). I'm in need of the threaded female socket that solders onto the gooseneck that begins the bell section of a King 606 student model (or Benge 170). I have the handslide assembly and the majority of the complete bell section already (the bell flare, the tuning slide assemblies, the gooseneck and all the braces).
I only need to find that little female tapered mama-jama so I can get this slide onto this bell!
Fix it. Make it better.
Jpechroer

Post by Jpechroer » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:12 pm

Would a king tempo section work? I have that and a 605 set up
BrexWindWright

Post by BrexWindWright » Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:53 am

It might! I’m hoping to get the socket that ISNT a 1-piece socket-curved-brace (like the 3B or Tempo). Is it for the bigger bell’d Tempo?
Fix it. Make it better.
Bonearzt

Post by Bonearzt » Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:30 pm

It's called a slide receiver, looks like C-S is out of stock, but Allied might have one.
I can email them & see if they have any.

Eric
Eric Edwards
Professional Instrument Repair

"If you must choose between two evils, choose the one you haven't tried yet."
"Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud." -Sophocles
Kingfan

Post by Kingfan » Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:29 pm

My tech used to repair/rebuild horns for Cleveland Public Schools. He probably has a few parts horns around. Let me know if you want me to ask him what he has and at what price, or PM me if you want his contact info so you can check with him directly. That said, around here I sometimes see complete King 606s selling on Facebook and Craigslist for as low as $30, often $50. Have you seen what you can get locally?
I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are still missing! :D
Greg Songer
King 2B , 3B, 3B-F, 4B-F, 7B
BrexWindWright

Post by BrexWindWright » Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:21 pm

Thanks for looking out, gang! I’d love to get one used if possible (or I’d have already ordered one from Allied). There doesn’t seem to be anyone selling beaters locally. This is just a project horn I’m tinkering with on the side, so I’m just trying to hoard my dimes. I’ll PM you, Greg for you buddy’s contact info. Thanks everybody.
Fix it. Make it better.

Return to “(Classifieds) Instruments & Parts”