Beer prices

Spin your yarns here.
Savio

Beer prices

Post by Savio »

Today I and a guitar player went to the pub. I'm not that often in the pub but got a shock when they ask for 90 norwegian kroner for one beer. It's about 11,45 dollars or 8.82 British Pounds. For one beer? I call it a robbery. How much do you guys pay for a beer?

Leif
Kingfan

Re: Beer prices

Post by Kingfan »

My big band rehearses at a club with $1.50 US for a bottle of regular beer and $3.00 for draft specialty beer.
I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are still missing! :D
Greg Songer
King 606, King 3B-F: DE LT101/LTD/D3
King 4B-F: Bach 5G Megatone gold plated
King 2107 bass: DE MB109/MB J/J8 King
JohnL

Post by JohnL »

Savio wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:41 pm...they ask for 90 norwegian kroner for one beer. It's about 11,45 dollars or 8.82 British Pounds.
How large a beer for that price?

If you're buying it at an event of some sort (concert, sporting event, etc.), you might end up paying that much. Also depends on the kind of beer. Mass-produced domestic beer (Budweiser, for example) isn't going to be as expensive as imports, craft beers, or microbrews.

For point of reference, a 20 oz. (.59 l) beer at Dodger Stadium costs $6.25 (40.11 kr). I suspect that's for Budweiser. I found an article from a few years ago that mentions craft beer costing $13 (83.43 kr) for a 16 oz. (.47 l) cup.
SwissTbone

Post by SwissTbone »

Leif, as you know your government keeps alcohol prices artificially high by taxes.

Here in Switzerland a beer is around 4 or 5 usd.
ƒƒ---------------------------------------------------ƒƒ
Like trombones? Head over to https://swisstbone.com/ to see some great vintage and custom horns!
timothy42b

Post by timothy42b »

If I buy beer to drink at home, I'll pay about $1.70 USD per 12 ounce can of quality IPA.

If I buy a beer at a restaurant I expect to pay about $6.00 USD. But that's a pretty big if, I'm usually far too cheap to spend that much.

My kids say a mixed drink goes for about $9.00. I'll never find out for sure.
shider

Post by shider »

In Germany, in a restaurant you get .5l of beer for between 3€ up to infinity.. really depends on the restaurant and what they serve.
At outdoor events you usually don't pay much more than 3-4€ per bottle (0.5l), but sometimes you can get a 0.33l bottle for 2-3€.
So i guess we germans can consider ourselfs lucky :D

sidenote: at large events like the Oktoberfest in munich, beer prices are much higher! people are angry for the organizers to ask over 10€ for 1l of beer (don't know how much this year, they ask for more every year) but in the end people pay the price and drink and they can keep on increasing their prices :idk:
timothy42b

Post by timothy42b »

When we lived in Germany, Getraenktmarkt prices were about 0.65 E per bottle, if I'm remembering correctly. That's without Pfand, but after the first case that's paid.

My only issue was they carry only glass bottles in the brands I liked, and some beer (like Jever, my favorite over there) doesn't travel well in glass.

Return to “Tangents”