You gotta hear these movies

Spin your yarns here.
Slyde

You gotta hear these movies

Post by Slyde »

I watched Mission Impossible 2 the other day. The music is seriously good. In particular whatever they did with the bass stuff is way cool. Sounds like a combination of double basses, maybe contrabass trombone and tuba but I couldnt pick it exactly. Pretty sure its all acoustic instruments but probably processed and then pushed up in the mix. Anyone have any inside info on that?

Also watched The Incredibles 2 last week. OMG what amazing music. I sat through all the credits just to listen to the music. So clever recreating all those cheesy styles, plus all that great stuff from the times when horns were king. That would have been one seriously great session to do. The horn playing is out of this world. props to the guys on that gig.
greenbean

Re: You gotta hear these movies

Post by greenbean »

Part of the scoring session:

Then listen to this!

Tom in San Francisco
Currently playing...
Bach Corp 16M
Many French horns
Tetraphosphate

Post by Tetraphosphate »

I performed some of the Incredibles soundtrack with my school band last week. It was really fun
-----
Do look at the trombones!
Leftybone

Post by Leftybone »

Here's another short YouTube video of the Incredibles 2 session that shows the trombone section of Francisco Torres, Alex Iles, Alan Kaplan, and Bill Reichenbach. Maybe someone will recognize the tuba player. And that is Gordon Goodwin conducting the session.

Return to “Tangents”