Forum Stats

Spin your yarns here.
Tetraphosphate

Forum Stats

Post by Tetraphosphate »

This may be a little bit irrelevant... but I was bored today so I did some investigating. So here are some forum stats that I've scraped together.
  • As of right now we have 3540 members - 2634 TTF archived accounts and 906 Trombone Chat accounts.
  • There are 6289 (well, 6290 when I post this) topics - 5165 TTF archived topics and 1124 Trombone Chat topics.
  • Our most popular forums are Classifieds: Instruments and Parts (with the most topics at 336) and Instruments (with the most posts at 2093). This, of course, is not taking the archives into account.
  • There are also 64828 posts right now, with 55356 from the Trombone Forum and 9472 from this forum.
I hope you found it interesting. If not, I apologise for taking up 2 minutes of your time :P
-----
Do look at the trombones!
Zandit75

Re: Forum Stats

Post by Zandit75 »

I look into similar stats when I'm bored also.
We're only a small place so far, but when you look at a bigger site it's interesting to see how many members we have, and how many of those people have not made comments.
The numbers are sometimes staggering.
Look a little closer, and then you see how many people have made less then 10 comments, and it becomes so offset as to be scary. That's when you notice the truly small community that keeps sites like this running!!
Tetraphosphate

Post by Tetraphosphate »

:good: That's true! Also, looking at the "views" column for the topics, it becomes clear that a lot of people prefer to lurk. (heck, I used to be a lurker too :P )
-----
BGuttman

Post by BGuttman »

We like meat-based lurkers. We are a little skeptical about others (often 'bots gathering data). If you don't need/want to post a message, lurking is fine.
Bruce Guttman
Merrimack Valley Philharmonic Orchestra
"Almost Professional"
Tetraphosphate

Post by Tetraphosphate »

:good:

(meat-based lurkers... lol)
-----
Matt K
Verified

Post by Matt K »

I'm really surprised at how many responses to the classifieds are still people with 0 or 1 posts (so they can't communicate internally or see e-mails yet). I think a lot of them are basically here for the classifieds, given the # of responses there that include, "Not sure why I can't see your e-mail or PM..."
shider

Post by shider »

But I think there are also people like me, who are here for mostly everything else aside from the classifieds, because
1: i don't have the funds for what would really interest me and
2: there's an ocean between me and most offers.. So trying a horn before purchasing it is not an option.

I just value the enormous ressource of knowledge and opinions that this site represents!
MoominDave

Post by MoominDave »

Tetraphosphate wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 3:47 am
  • There are also 64828 posts right now, with 55356 from the Trombone Forum and 9472 from this forum.
The TTF Archive is a great facility here, but this shows quite how much is missing from it - I recall there being excitement about the millionth post there a few years ago. So ~95% of TTF posts were not included in our archive if this number is correct.
Dave Taylor
(not to be confused with other Dave Taylors...)
Matt K
Verified

Post by Matt K »

Yeah that's hard to quantify since the vast majority of activity was off-topic and I didn't copy those. Classifieds were also substantial in that post count and we deleted them for years. I'd bet probably 90% of the posts on the site were from one of these two categories. Which isn't to say that the archive isn't incomplete, just that it's probably not 5%. If I were to hazard a guess, I'd say it's probably closer to ~50% discounting those two categories.

Return to “Tangents”