MRI versus Steve Reich

Spin your yarns here.
VJOFan

MRI versus Steve Reich

Post by VJOFan »

Had an MRI done today. I knew that it would be noisy, but I didn’t expect that the noises would be every bit the equal of music like Pulses for 18 Musicians by Steve Reich.

The changing soundscapes of the just out of synch revolving magnets and electrical currents made for fascinating listening.
afugate

Re: MRI versus Steve Reich

Post by afugate »

Perhaps John Cage's 4'33" would have been preferable...

Or maybe we split the difference with Simon and Garfunkel's The Sound of Silence. :lol:

In all seriousness, I hope the MRI was for something benign.
--Andy in OKC
VJOFan

Post by VJOFan »

The doctors are just checking off some boxes to make sure that they are correct that nothing bad is happening. I think that is why I had a bit lighter attitude. I am not expecting bad news. I just had a really weird episode a couple weeks back. Felt like a stroke, but probably migraines.
timothy42b

Post by timothy42b »

I had one done last year to check out some memory issues. It showed "normal aging." Not a good sign! I would like much better than normal aging.

Radiologist noted some "white matter" disease, neurologist recommended I not google that. Same neurologist determined I did not have dementia. Well, duh. Second opinion from another neurologist actually gave me something useful to work with. So don't give up if you don't get an answer, they all specialize in different areas.

Return to “Tangents”