Bruce Guttman
Merrimack Valley Philharmonic Orchestra
"Almost Professional"
CharlieB

Re: The US Space Force Song

Post by CharlieB »

robcat2075

Those are fair questions.
Given the dubious information that Washington produces, it is not likely that we will ever know all the correct answers. But the important thing is that we had the capability of fully and rapidly mobilizing all of our industries, not just Ford. I was at the Wright Patterson Air Force Museum in Dayton, Ohio recently. One of the WW2 warplanes on display was made by Maytag.....the refrigerator people.
Given our current weakened industries, a weakened military, endless regulations, and the current Washington situation, I question if we could today successfully mobilize the remains of our industrial capacity to effectively defend ourselves against a strong military challenge.
I'm still on the Space Force topic here. Everything related to the weaponizing of space is critical to our military defense. We need a strong capability in that area. If The Space Force is not able to fill that need, for whatever reason, we are militarily vulnerable until we design a means of assuring that we have access to mobilizing that talent from a different source. Right now, we're not there. We continue to rely on other countries for computer chips, lithium, medicine, food, and even baby formula.
JKno

Re: The US Space Force Song

Post by JKno »

They should have just used the Star Trek theme from the 60's and been done with it... I'm not a fan.
All I can think of is anime with this playing in the background.

Return to “Tangents”