Someone really did the research

Spin your yarns here.
dukesboneman

Someone really did the research

Post by dukesboneman »

What can I say
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
CalgaryTbone

Re: Someone really did the research

Post by CalgaryTbone »

I need to get one of these! Our former Executive Director here in Calgary came up to me at a reception after a concert that had some nice little solos in the 1st Trombone part. She clinked my glass with hers and said "nice trumpet"!

Jim Scott
robcat2075

Post by robcat2075 »

There is a substantial fraction of the population, including my sister, that wouldn't know a trombone from a truffle... even if they had labels on them.

Typical Thanksgiving dinner table conversation..."Do you still play that trumpet thing?"
>>Robert Holmén<<

Hear me as I play my horn

See my Spacepod movie
Ozzlefinch

Post by Ozzlefinch »

Looks legit. I can't see what the problem is.
JohnL

Post by JohnL »

robcat2075 wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 10:26 am There is a substantial fraction of the population, including my sister, that wouldn't know a trombone from a truffle... even if they had labels on them.
Maybe she'll figure it out the next time she bites into a King 3B.
Kbiggs

Post by Kbiggs »

robcat2075 wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 10:26 am There is a substantial fraction of the population, including my sister, that wouldn't know a trombone from a truffle... even if they had labels on them.

Typical Thanksgiving dinner table conversation..."Do you still play that trumpet thing?"
I have lost count of the number of times something like this has happened. :roll:

Then, when I start describing the instrument, the offender will often say something like, “Oh, you mean the slush pump?”, or “The TRAM-bone?”, or make the “sad wah-wah trombone sound… oy…
Kenneth Biggs
I have known a great many troubles, but most of them have never happened.
—Mark Twain (attributed)

Return to “Tangents”