I'm a new user, and I need some help. ;-;

Spin your yarns here.
bluejolyne

I'm a new user, and I need some help. ;-;

Post by bluejolyne »

Hi, I'm a new user on this forum and I wanna ask some questions here.

First, is this place a general area for all sorts of musicians to come to for talking/advice? I've never touched a trombone (much less a brass instrument) and I wanna know if I'm marching into unwelcome territory since I'm a woodwind player and I'm on a trombone-brass website. I just wanna get a scope of the area because this doesn't feel like the right place to be talking on. Thanks? ;-;
BGuttman

Re: I'm a new user, and I need some help. ;-;

Post by BGuttman »

Sure. You can come here and ask any kind of question about trombones you want. There are lots of avenues to explore, including learning, gear, repairs, musicians, and much more. We even get composers and arrangers who want to know what they can expect of trombones (it varies -- some of us can do a lot, others not so much).

Feel free to ask questions. I for one will never criticize you for lack of knowledge. Nobody's born knowing how to play trombone. Besides, I'm a crummy woodwind player (some flute, some recorder, little else).
Bruce Guttman
Merrimack Valley Philharmonic Orchestra
"Almost Professional"
OneTon

Post by OneTon »

Welcome bluejolyne. You are in exactly the right place. Maynard Ferguson doubled on soprano sax at Fort Worth’s Bass Hall in the 1990’s. I’m taking clarinet lessons.
Richard Smith
Wichita, Kansas
Kingfan

Post by Kingfan »

Welcome. There are very knowledgeable people on here who are willing to share their expertise. I've been playing trombone for over 50 years and I'm still learning things I didn't know.
I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are still missing! :D
Greg Songer
King 606, King 3B-F: DE LT101/LTD/D3
King 4B-F: Bach 5G Megatone gold plated
King 2107 bass: DE MB109/MB J/J8 King

Return to “Tangents”