Anyone deal with eric hand? brass gurus?

Spin your yarns here.
Elow

Anyone deal with eric hand? brass gurus?

Post by Elow »

Hey, i’m about to hopeful trade in my bass for a new shires. I like my edwards, but it recently played it against a q series with axials and i liked the shires better. So i went to the brass gurus website because their another shires dealer, i’m sure there’s one closer but oh well, he gave me a reasonable trade in value for my bass and another horn and we made a deal. I felt good until i asked about payment, he didn’t take paypal... That’s always a red flag for me so i’m just trying to look out for myself before i send my bass and another to this dude. Also, the website says brass gurus, then you go to facebook, and it’s peninsula music and repair. A bit weird, also he doesn’t want payment until my horns get there.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bach5G

Re: Anyone deal with eric hand? brass gurus?

Post by Bach5G »

I bought a used slide from Eric. No issues. Try calling him.
Burgerbob

Post by Burgerbob »

He's cool.
Aidan Ritchie, LA area player and teacher
mrdeacon

Post by mrdeacon »

Eric Hand is a cat. He'll help you out.

Most consignment guys are like this. Noah at the Brassark is the same way. He needs to have the horn in hand before he can work out a deal.

PayPal is just a business thing. I'm the same way and try to pay PayPal when ever possible but with a guy like Eric you don't need to worry about it.

I will say if you can't work something out with Eric hit up Noah. He probably won't have a Q series in the shop but he usually has a couple of horns with thayers kicking around back. I can't recommend the Brassark enough!
Rath R1 2000s, Elliott XT
Bach 42 1974, Elliott XT
Holton 169 1965, Elliott LB
Minick Bass Trombone 1980s, Elliott LB
JohnL

Post by JohnL »

He's on the up-and-up. I've done business with him a couple times.
WGWTR180

Post by WGWTR180 »

Elow wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:13 pm Hey, i’m about to hopeful trade in my bass for a new shires. I like my edwards, but it recently played it against a q series with axials and i liked the shires better. So i went to the brass gurus website because their another shires dealer, i’m sure there’s one closer but oh well, he gave me a reasonable trade in value for my bass and another horn and we made a deal. I felt good until i asked about payment, he didn’t take paypal... That’s always a red flag for me so i’m just trying to look out for myself before i send my bass and another to this dude. Also, the website says brass gurus, then you go to facebook, and it’s peninsula music and repair. A bit weird, also he doesn’t want payment until my horns get there.
Elow you always have an interesting take on a situation, especially in the way you present something. You state "I felt good until I asked about payments, he didn't take PayPal... That's always a red flag for me...." yet in your text change you say, after finding out he doesn't take PayPal, "Ok sounds good."
There are many reasons why businesses don't take PayPal, one being the fees that come out of the amount you will send him. I've noticed some of his instruments for sale and they are usually at very good prices. I'm guessing the % PayPal takes will eat into his marginal profit margin. Luckily others who've dealt with him understand the way he works and have given you their thoughts.
SwissTbone

Post by SwissTbone »

Eric is easy to do business with. You can trust him.

As a buyer I also prefer doing business without PayPal. Their fees are high and from what I understand, the buyers protection is putting sellers at a big disadvantage.
ƒƒ---------------------------------------------------ƒƒ
Like trombones? Head over to https://swisstbone.com/ to see some great vintage and custom horns!
Kingfan

Post by Kingfan »

Me, as a buyer I prefer PayPal or a credit card. I'll pay the seller's PayPal fee if needed just so I have some protection.
I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are still missing! :D
Greg Songer
King 606, King 3B-F: DE LT101/LTD/D3
King 4B-F: Bach 5G Megatone gold plated
King 2107 bass: DE MB109/MB J/J8 King
harrisonreed

Post by harrisonreed »

mrdeacon wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:59 pm Eric Hand is a cat. He'll help you out.
images (2).jpeg
Eric Hand
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mamaposaune

Post by Mamaposaune »

I've bought 3 horns from Peninsula Music - Brass Gurus - Eric Hand, yeah they're all "one", 8 or 10 years ago, so they've been around awhile. The first was a Courtois Bass, it was not what I was expecting (a discrempency in bell size) and Eric immediately offered to exchange it for another with a detachable bell, at no additional charge. (I think I covered the shipping, but not certain)
Next, I was the go-between, purchasing 2 Courtois tenors for 2 of my private high school students.
I was very happy with his communication, packing, speed of shipment, and quality of the trombones.
The slides on all all three were phenomenal - I didn't ask, but suspect that he preps them before shipment. All were new, but there was no need for a break-in period.
I don't remember how I paid, but there were no issues whatsoever.
greenbean

Post by greenbean »

I have bought several horns from them. They are top-notch.
Tom in San Francisco
Currently playing...
Bach Corp 16M
Many French horns
Elow

Post by Elow »

Just got the horn today. I love it. Great transaction and pretty nice to talk to. Didnt ship the day i bought it so had to wait a bit but nothing too long.

Return to “Tangents”