Shipping to Alaska/Hawaii

Spin your yarns here.
HawaiiTromboneGuy

Shipping to Alaska/Hawaii

Post by HawaiiTromboneGuy »

Just curious as to why some people are not willing to ship to Alaska and Hawaii if the buyer is willing to pay the higher shipping costs? Is it more the fear of items getting damaged or lost in transit? I never understood the whole point of only willing to ship to the contiguous 48. :???:
Drew A.
Professional bum.
BGuttman

Re: Shipping to Alaska/Hawaii

Post by BGuttman »

If I'm going to say "includes shipping" then anybody in the world could claim that I should ship to them for free. Some foreign countries have ridiculous tariffs that can double or triple the price. Also, Alaska and Hawaii are more expensive to ship to than the "lower 48".

I'm not sure about shipping to Alaska/Hawaii when the buyer is paying shipping. That's for someone else to describe.
Bruce Guttman
Merrimack Valley Philharmonic Orchestra
"Almost Professional"
HawaiiTromboneGuy

I get all of the above. But when someone says they’re only willing to ship to the 48 states and will not ship to Alaska/Hawaii, I just don’t understand why they wouldn’t be willing to if the buyer understands up front that they’ll be paying a higher cost and are okay with it.
Drew A.
Professional bum.
hyperbolica

Post by hyperbolica »

It's mostly about how much of the cost we are willing to cover, but international shipping can be a royal pain. I'll be glad to ship an instrument to Hawaii if you send one of those Williams over here. :pant:
HawaiiTromboneGuy

hyperbolica wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 2:38 pm It's mostly about how much of the cost we are willing to cover, but international shipping can be a royal pain. I'll be glad to ship an instrument to Hawaii if you send one of those Williams over here. :pant:
Lol now that’s an offer I can’t refuse! :mrgreen:
Drew A.
Professional bum.

Return to “Tangents”