Favorite music related websites?

Pictures, video, etc.
Elow

Favorite music related websites?

Post by Elow »

What’s everyone’s music related website? Doesn’t have to be strictly trombone just cool websites you’ve found.
Elow

Re: Favorite music related websites?

Post by Elow »

Hey bruce can you move this into media? I think it would fit better in there
BGuttman

Post by BGuttman »

So moved.
Bruce Guttman
Merrimack Valley Philharmonic Orchestra
"Almost Professional"
harrisonreed

Post by harrisonreed »

What kind of site are you asking about?

Naxos Music Library is my favorite "music" site.

If I want "not classical music" I go to this store here in Japan called BookOff. You can find any kind of CD you ever dreamed of, in basically brand new condition even though it's used, for about $2. Rare CDs or special edition CD/DVD/Artbook combos are more. Maybe $10. Plus all the other print media you could ever dream of if you can read Japanese. A lot of JPop music is actually really great. You should check out "YUKI", Radwimps, Yui, and Bump of Chicken on YouTube. These artists are really awesome.

To buy music books and supplies, Hickeys.

For audio gear, Sweetwater. These guys are truly awesome.
Finetales

Post by Finetales »

I like Every Noise at Once and Music-Map.

Every Noise at Once is a giant interactive map of a huge amount of genres, organized with similar genres close to each other. The classical genres are odd ("classical soprano" and "classical trombone" are not genres...), but overall it's a really cool tool. Every genre on the map plays a sample track from that genre when you click on it, and if you click the double arrow that appears on the first click it takes you to another similarly-organized map of artists in that genre. Clicking on each artist also plays a sample, and the double arrows here take you to a Spotify playlist of that artist. It's a really neat tool for discovering new music and artists.

Music-Map is a similar idea but focused on the individual artists. You type in an artist you know and it gives you a map of similar artists. Clicking an artist will take you to a map with that artist as the nucleus, and so on.
Elow

Post by Elow »

Finetales wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:07 pm I like Every Noise at Once and Music-Map.
Had this hooked up to my speaker and played each one on full blast because i thought i was home alone, my parents were a little confused. Besides that, very cool website. Like super cool, thats a really neat website and im glad you brought it up.
Elow

Post by Elow »

harrisonreed wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 8:04 pm
For audio gear, Sweetwater. These guys are truly awesome.
Bought my bass from them (guitar), really cool guys. He called me after a day to make sure everything was good, even helped me set up the amp to make it sound good.

Return to “Media”