Dick Nash Videos

Pictures, video, etc.
bellend

Dick Nash Videos

Post by bellend »

Here's a couple of Dick from the 1974's on I think Dutch TV?

The Shadow Of Your Smile

Downtown

Enjoy

BellEnd
ArbanRubank

Re: Dick Nash Videos

Post by ArbanRubank »

Thank you! It's always nicer to actually see the performer in action! I love studying players who appear totally relaxed when they do that thing they do. It's inspiring!
bellend

Post by bellend »

TimBrown wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:06 am Thank you! It's always nicer to actually see the performer in action! I love studying players who appear totally relaxed when they do that thing they do. It's inspiring!

Couldn't agree more!

In the first clip things aren't quite firing on all cylinders so to speak, but Dick just calmly gets on with it so most punters wouldn't notice.

Sublime professionalism indeed.

Dick has been a hero of mine since I first heard him on a Mancini album when I was about 12 years old.
His sound and production make his playing instantly recognizable which is sadly becoming a bit of a rarity these days.

BellEnd
ArbanRubank

Post by ArbanRubank »

bellend wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 4:23 am
Couldn't agree more!

In the first clip things aren't quite firing on all cylinders so to speak, but Dick just calmly gets on with it so most punters wouldn't notice.

Sublime professionalism indeed.

Dick has been a hero of mine since I first heard him on a Mancini album when I was about 12 years old.
His sound and production make his playing instantly recognizable which is sadly becoming a bit of a rarity these days.

BellEnd
I couldn't tell if he was covering or intentionally making some drama! At any rate, I don't think anyone could characterize his playing as devoid of feeling! And I'll take his performance over someone else's who might be technically more perfect, but emotionally neutral - which I interpret as cold!

Disk Nash is THE Man!
Posaunus

Post by Posaunus »

Dick Nash, the nicest gentleman you'll ever meet, is still practicing regularly and occasionally playing in public at age 91! Yesterday he joined the Bones West trombone choir in Orange County, CA and held his own improvising against Keven McManus and Alex Iles. He loaned his Bach 16M to Kevin and brought an old King 2B for his own use – and still sounded great!

I want to be like Dick Nash!
Jimprindle

Post by Jimprindle »

One of my favorite Dick Nash ad lib solos is Mr. Lucky on Tuttis Trombones.

So well constructed, virtuostic, musical, true to the harmonies. The cup mute solo by Rosolino that follows is pretty good too. A nice call and answer between both of them towards the end. I think the last note, (Nash?) is a G above high Bb.
bellend

Post by bellend »

Posaunus wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 2:07 pm
Don't we all ??? :biggrin:

BellEnd
TheBoneRanger

Post by TheBoneRanger »

I come back to this every few months...

Andrew
ArbanRubank

Post by ArbanRubank »

What a sound - consistent from top to bottom! Such fluency! Dick Nash should have gained much more popular recognition. I know he was highly regarded among musicians and studio moguls, but he should have had a larger public fan base!
JohnL

Post by JohnL »

bellend wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:24 am
Posaunus wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 2:07 pm
Don't we all ??? :biggrin:

BellEnd
Dick paid us a visit at BonesWest this past Saturday. Alex Iles dropped by because Dick was going to be there. Even our heroes have heroes.
Jnoxon

Post by Jnoxon »

I had never seen any recordings of Dick playing a Williams 6, That is the horn I bought from him when I started playing again in about 1991 or so. Great sound super nice guy! He had found a Bach 16 he liked at Manny's in New York so he sold the Williams.
J
Williams 4,6, 8, 9, and 10
.490, .500, .520, .520, .565 bore sizes.
JETbone

Post by JETbone »

Thanks for sharing!

Return to “Media”