Phone spam crash

whitbey

Phone spam crash

Post by whitbey » Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:58 pm

I have been getting spam phone calls that seem to have the ability to crash the call I am on. Can't imagine it is so you would answer there call as no one ever is there. The oddity is the crash. I cannot think of anyway they could crash your phone but as this has happened several dozen times now it is more then a coincidence. The numbers are odd too. 248/1##-####. The second three digits run like 193, 179, 162, 111, 122, 188. So the CID does stand out. I use a VOIP system and have been blocking the numbers as they happen. That slowed it down a lot but now I have had it happen with other numbers and even a few 800 #'s

Since there is no one real phone company I also have not found a place to complain to that would have any power to make a change. Does any one know of such?
hyperbolica

Re: Phone spam crash

Post by hyperbolica » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:36 pm

I would try different voip software. Or maybe purge and reinstall your system. Plus, unless you get a lot of calls from strangers, you can block anything that isn't in your contacts. There are also more sophisticated blocking apps that use a crowdsourced blacklist. I get a lot less cell phone spam since getting a new blocking app.

Return to “Technology”