Conductor App / Visual Metronome?

harrisonreed

Conductor App / Visual Metronome?

Post by harrisonreed »

Is anyone aware of a DAW plugin or app that would follow my audio project's midi track and either show a virtual conductor or some sort of visual click track, aside from just syncing a video track of my own horrible conducting within the DAW?

The tech exists within a video game "maestro" something or other, but I can't find anything like it to use within my DAW.
robcat2075

Re: Conductor App / Visual Metronome?

Post by robcat2075 »

This is hardware device that superimposes a dot doing stick-patterns over video.

http://www.visualconductor.com

It sounds like a useful idea, I can imagine it being done well, but the "please excuse the video quality" demo didn't give me high confidence,.

A YouTube video that I have since lost track of showed a technique by which they laid down a strong-attack note (like a piano sound) on each beat then somehow reversed the envelope so that the decay was leading into the beat rather than trailing it. They fed that track into an onscreen LED-style "VU" meter which gave a clear visual sense of punching out the beat, much better than a light merely flicking on and off.
>>Robert Holmén<<

Hear me as I play my horn

See my Spacepod movie

Return to “Technology”