Best sheet music apps for android

JCBone

Best sheet music apps for android

Post by JCBone »

I prefer free but don't mind to pay.
timothy42b

Re: Best sheet music apps for android

Post by timothy42b »

MobileSheets has a free and a pro version. The pro was about $12 so I bought it. It has some advantages over the iPad version but of course both work well.
JCBone

Post by JCBone »

timothy42b wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:20 pm MobileSheets has a free and a pro version. The pro was about $12 so I bought it. It has some advantages over the iPad version but of course both work well.
I'll check it out. another question, is a bluetooth page turner neccesary or just nice to have?
mwpfoot

Post by mwpfoot »

I don't know "best" but I've been relatively happy with MobileSheets Pro. I quickly drag & drop the rock band setlist together while they are checking vocal mics. I use a huge Chromebook and always display the current page and next page, so no gotchas on page turns or next song intros. Tapping the screen to advance pages is easy enough for me with this setup; on a smaller device, with single page view, a page turner would be nice-to-have - unless your material has appropriate breaks.

:cool:
Doug Elliott

Post by Doug Elliott »

Has anybody tried Orpheus?
"I know a thing or two because I've seen a thing or two."
Sniffynose

Post by Sniffynose »

Mobilesheets pro is great and well worth the price.
I use it to manage music from a dozen or so working bands I play with and countless set lists.
Hopefully, he will have a version for IOS also before the year is out so I can use it on my iPad Pro 12.9.
JCBone

Post by JCBone »

I downloaded mobilesheets lite. So far I am happy. I may get a bluetooth page turner.
Sniffynose

Post by Sniffynose »

I have never needed the Bluetooth page turner. I use the ‘vertical scrolling’ function and find it easy to manipulate while playing and great for reading ahead.
BGuttman

Post by BGuttman »

Sniffynose wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:45 pm I have never needed the Bluetooth page turner. I use the ‘vertical scrolling’ function and find it easy to manipulate while playing and great for reading ahead.
I do the same thing with Acrobat Reader. Only problem I have is how to annotate the music when I need to.
Bruce Guttman
Merrimack Valley Philharmonic Orchestra
"Almost Professional"

Return to “Technology”