Neo Bri

BOSE

Post by Neo Bri »

Worth the money? Discuss.
Matt K
Verified

Re: BOSE

Post by Matt K »

I love my headphones (Q15s) because the noise cancelling is really great. Not the best sound quality if you're an audiophile, but when you work in a cubicle or busy environment I'll wear them just to eliminate the background noise. Bonus points for them because they work fine with trombone, at least for me, because they don't hit the bell section. Too narrow.
Neo Bri

Post by Neo Bri »

Really good point. Starting another topic.
Trombone

Post by Trombone »

I guess it feels like Bose has a lot of hype. But I guess they also make good equipment.
tbathras

Post by tbathras »

The products I currently have from them seem worth it; I have the Q25 noise cancelling headphones (these are a life saver on airplanes!) and the SoundLink Revolve (we have two and when you link them in stereo, wow does it fill up the room, but even just one is quite a joy to listen to).

In full disclosure, I've not tested much else, I've just not been let down by Bose before, so I stick with them. Could there be better or just-as-good for less money? Probably.
--
Bass Trombone
Casco Bay Wind Symphony
Matt K
Verified

Post by Matt K »

Another benefit to some of their headphone models is they use AAA batteries. So I get some rechargables and use them in it. That way, I can always be fully charged or extend it to multiple days of continuous use. Not so with the models that are charged otherwise. Especialy the smaller bluetooth earbuds, etc. etc.
hyperbolica

Post by hyperbolica »

I've got SoundLink Bluetooth headphones, which I use for talking on the phone. Huge improvement over speaker phone or holding the phone or those little Bluetooth earpieces. Good sound and mic quality for phone calls.
PaKETaZ

Post by PaKETaZ »

I have the QC35 (active noise cancelation) that I have always in my backpack.
Great to isolate from the surrounding noise.

But I really prefer my Bowers & Wilkins P7W (wireless headphones too) at home. To me, they sound a lot better.
—Julien—
Courtois Xtreme AC430TL - XO 1634LT

Return to “Technology”