Cord with clip on mic

JLivi

Cord with clip on mic

Post by JLivi »

I’ve been recently playing more and more shows with clip on mics. The wired Shure mic has a 10ft cord and the cord for the wireless setups are long too, not sure how long though. I find that these cords are too long. Any ideas on how to clean up the long hanging cord?

I’ve seen cats wrap the cord around their bell. Is that the only way? I suppose there is really no where else to put it.

Any ideas?
King 2b+
King 3b
King 3b(f)
Conn 79h
Kanstul 1585
Olds O-21 Marching Trombone (Flugabone)
Nhtrombone

Re: Cord with clip on mic

Post by Nhtrombone »

My Shure slx wireless came with a rubber “wheel” around which I wrap the excess cord and have the wheel velcroed to my transmitter pack which is mounted on my horn with the Shure neoprene arm band or the custom mount I made.
Geordie

Re: Cord with clip on mic

Post by Geordie »

I have the Shure body pack attached to the end of the bell section near the tuning slide using a velcro fastened gym arm band for phone/music player. I take up some of the slack by looping the wire and fastening the loop with the tie that comes with the mic wire. Kitchen bag fasteners can do the same thing. I then loop the remaining cable around the bell and bell stays back to the transmitter so it is out of sight and doesn’t flap around. In no expert but suspect cutting that cable to fit and rejoining it would degrade the signal.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Life is not a rehearsal

Return to “Technology”