DAC NX-2 Bass Trombone Case

BassBoneGriff

DAC NX-2 Bass Trombone Case

Post by BassBoneGriff »

Hi everyone,

I'm interested in potentially picking up a DAC NX-2 bass trombone case, but I have not been able to find very much information on it.

If you have had any experience with the case, what is it like? Is it protective enough? Any problems with parts breaking or wearing abnormally fast? How well is the slide protected?

Any and all responses are appreciated.

Thanks!
sirisobhakya

Re: DAC NX-2 Bass Trombone Case

Post by sirisobhakya »

I have used it for 3 years now. Compact, stylish, easy to carry with backpack straps, and protective. How protective? There is a low bridge on the path I had to use. The bell section banged against the bridge girder multiple times and the damage is superficial. The only criticism from me is the accessory compartment is a bit too small.
Chaichan Wiriyaswat
Bangkok, Thailand
“Why did I buy so many horns when I only have one mouth…?”
Hawaiyan

Re: DAC NX-2 Bass Trombone Case

Post by Hawaiyan »

I've had one for 1 year now. Before that I've owned the tenor version NX-1 for 6 years. I also have the Eastman case. The compactness and light weight of the tenor case convinced me to buy the NX-2 for bass. I prefer this case to the Eastman. Have not had any trouble on the DAC cases yet. I tend to be careful with my horns, but have dropped it (not majorly) couple times with it in the DAC cases. None of my horns using the DAC cases have been hurt yet. I haven't traveled by air with these cases so I have no idea how that works.
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein

Return to “Accessories”