Accessory Pouch

JLivi

Accessory Pouch

Post by JLivi »

Does anyone know of any accessory pouches, similar to the reunion blues/cronkite pouch, that is sold separately?

I have an Eastman case and my 3b bell moves around quite a bit in there, and I was hoping to purchase a soft accessory pouch, not only for more storage, but to also have something on top of my bell to hold it in place a little better when the case is closed. Something that won't dent/scratch the bell is preferred :-)

I assumed Protec made something, but can't seem to find it. It's possible there are soft makeup bags out there that I can try, but any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
King 2b+
King 3b
King 3b(f)
Conn 79h
Kanstul 1585
Olds O-21 Marching Trombone (Flugabone)
harrisonreed

Re: Accessory Pouch

Post by harrisonreed »

https://www.hickeys.com/music/brass/tro ... inches.php

That's exactly like the cronkhite pouch, sold separately.
JLivi

Post by JLivi »

harrisonreed wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:59 am https://www.hickeys.com/music/brass/tro ... inches.php

That's exactly like the cronkhite pouch, sold separately.
Awesome, thanks!

Just out of curiosity, is there anything else out there that other players use? Or is the Cronkite bag essentially the only pouch used?
King 2b+
King 3b
King 3b(f)
Conn 79h
Kanstul 1585
pompatus

Post by pompatus »

I play in a section with a guy that uses a round shaped saxophone neck/mouthpiece pouch to store things inside his bell in an Eastman fiberglass case. Here's a link he sent me, for the one he uses.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B071NSR3DX/
Mamaposaune

Post by Mamaposaune »

I have a cover made for golf clubs when I've used a gig bag. Thick, soft, furry, and it will hold a mouthpiece, small spray bottle, and slide lube. The only problem is it doesn't have a zipper, but I just store it in the back of the bag with the opening facing away from the horn. Everything fits pretty snugly, so things stay in place.
JLivi

Post by JLivi »

This is going to sound crazy, but I'm going to look at a used Marcus Bonna case tomorrow. I just am not feeling the Eastman case. If I like the MB case, then I'm not going to worry about this anymore :-)

But I did buy the tenor sax neck pouch and it was obnoxiously large. So if anyone goes that route in the future, I highly recommend getting the alto pouch.

I was too cheap to spend the extra $10 on the Cronkite pouch.
King 2b+
King 3b
King 3b(f)
Conn 79h
Kanstul 1585
Burgerbob

Post by Burgerbob »

There are definitely better cases out there for a small tenor than the Eastman.
Aidan Ritchie, LA area player and teacher
hyperbolica

Post by hyperbolica »

You can buy Crown Royal bags in various sizes. With or without the booze.

https://www.amazon.com/Crown-Royal-Purp ... 8610&psc=1
JLivi

Post by JLivi »

Burgerbob wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 7:03 pm There are definitely better cases out there for a small tenor than the Eastman.
I'm hoping this MB case, that holds up to a 9" bell isn't too big for my 3b. I know it's pretty customizeable, and the guy is selling it for a really low price. So I'm excited to test it out.
King 2b+
King 3b
King 3b(f)
Conn 79h
Kanstul 1585
JLivi

Post by JLivi »

hyperbolica wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 7:53 pm You can buy Crown Royal bags in various sizes. With or without the booze.

https://www.amazon.com/Crown-Royal-Purp ... 8610&psc=1
I used to use Crown Royale bags in college for my trombone stand and as accessory bags. As I got a little older and started playing more high profile gigs for richer and sometimes more important people, I decided it was time to ditch the Whiskey bag. People don't need to know my business. Also, I drink better whiskey now :D
King 2b+
King 3b
King 3b(f)
Conn 79h
Kanstul 1585
Burgerbob

Post by Burgerbob »

If nothing else, the SKB 360 (man I feel like a shill for those guys) will fit and is tiny. It's what I use for my 3B.

I don't like using a case that's way larger than my horn, just a qualm of mine.
JLivi

Post by JLivi »

Burgerbob wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:44 pm If nothing else, the SKB 360 (man I feel like a shill for those guys) will fit and is tiny. It's what I use for my 3B.

I don't like using a case that's way larger than my horn, just a qualm of mine.
I have a buddy that uses the SKB 360 and he loves it. I'm coming from a BAM Softpack Jazz case, which is why I thought I'd like the Eastman. I loved my BAM, but it's too expensive for the issues I had with it. Only lasted me 5-6 years. A huge bummer. And that was my second one! Untied broke my first one and I was lucky enough to get another one (took me 6+ months of arguing to get it).

I also might just buy this MB case, because he's only asking $200 for it, and I'd be stupid not to buy it. I've always wanted a Bonna.
King 2b+
King 3b
King 3b(f)
Conn 79h
Kanstul 1585
JLivi

Post by JLivi »

Also, Burgerbob, you should do a quick youtube video about your 3b in the SKB 360. Your videos about cases are very helpful. There need to be more videos on youtube about this stuff.
King 2b+
King 3b
King 3b(f)
Conn 79h
Kanstul 1585
Burgerbob

Post by Burgerbob »

Will do!

Return to “Accessories”