Velcro replacement

jimtheob

Velcro replacement

Post by jimtheob »

Hi. folks. I have a Gard Wheelie Bag for my bass trombone that has some worn velcro and if you are familiar with this case, it is a bit annoying when velcro doesn't hold the padding in place strongly. Do any of you know if Gard can supply replacement velcro (I looked and no luck)? If not, if you have to fix velcro, what do you think is the best way?
Thanks in advance.

Jim
BGuttman

Re: Velcro replacement

Post by BGuttman »

You can buy Velcro "tape" at Home Depot. Some of the varieties are adhesive backed (although the adhesive is probably too weak to be of use). You can glue or sew on as appropriate.
Bruce Guttman
Merrimack Valley Philharmonic Orchestra
"Almost Professional"
Doug Elliott

Post by Doug Elliott »

Velcro comes in different strengths. I don't know that bag, but if you want to really hold (and be difficult to separate) get the Industrial kind. I'm pretty sure I've seen it at Home Depot.
https://www.velcro.com/products/industrial-strength/

Even with that, the sticky back glue doesn't last forever. Sew it on.
"I know a thing or two because I've seen a thing or two."
scott

Post by scott »

I’ve had the velcro in my Marcus Bonna replaced at a luggage repair shop. They did a fine job.
JLivi

Post by JLivi »

I have an Eastman case and was having issues with the velcro on the inside of the case. I had pedal board tape (for guitar pedals) lying around in my basement and I used that and it worked great! I had to use a seam ripper to get the old velcro off.

I'm pretty sure you can find different strengths of velcro at any hardware store.
King 2b+
King 3b
King 3b(f)
Conn 79h
Kanstul 1585
Olds O-21 Marching Trombone (Flugabone)

Return to “Accessories”