Cronkhite/Torpedo Bags Gig Bags

Samdance

Cronkhite/Torpedo Bags Gig Bags

Post by Samdance »

Hello,

I just purchased a new Cronkhite/Torpedo small tenor gig bag from Hickeys. I was so mad at myself for not buying one before Glenn retired so when I saw them at Hickeys, I pulled the trigger.

The bag is great! Just like the original in quality of materials and manufacture, but with one great improvement. The shoulder straps have a bit of rubber material that eliminates the problem of the bag slipping down your shoulder as you carry.

Mine is brown and British tan, looks great. So glad Torpedo has brought these great bags back!!!

MB
bcschipper

Re: Cronkhite/Torpedo Bags Gig Bags

Post by bcschipper »

I am happy that you got lucky with your new Cronkhite.

Does anybody know the lenght of the slide part of their contrabass trombone bag? I literally try to get this information from them for more than four month without success. I also asked them whether they could make me a double bag for German tenor (longer slide) and alto - without success. I wish they would hire more people.
JLivi

Post by JLivi »

Would you mind posting a link to which one you ordered? I'm curious to know which ones are new. I always thought the Cronkhite bags on Hickeys were the older
King 2b+
King 3b
King 3b(f)
Conn 79h
Kanstul 1585
Olds O-21 Marching Trombone (Flugabone)
BurckhardtS

Post by BurckhardtS »

I have a flight/travel one for my Edwards, and I'm a believer.
Shires - 7YM, TX, Axial, TW47 - Greg Black NY 1
YSL354 - XT LN106, C+, D3
TheTrombone17

Post by TheTrombone17 »

I would buy one of the cronkhite bags but they don't have enough protection for me. Maybe they could make a case with a carbon fiber shell.

Return to “Accessories”