Digital 4 track recorders

BflatBass

Digital 4 track recorders

Post by BflatBass »

I own an old Tascam DP-004 that has served me well for home recording and small band rehearsals but it has issues and I'm looking to see what people recommend before I look into getting this thing repaired.
Any recommendations for stand alone, portable, digital 4 track recorders? I wouldn't mind XLR inputs for the mic too but 1/4" would suffice. Also the ability to upload recordings onto my PC is important.
Some of the Tascam handhelds have both XLR inputs and built in mics too. Anyone have experience with these? I'm wondering about the recording quality with these built in mics. The built in condenser mics on the DP-004 aren't very good but they get me by sometimes for band rehearsals.

Thanks,
Robert
I dream of the day that the world will be healthy enough that I can play in a live ensemble again.
BflatBass

Re: Digital 4 track recorders

Post by BflatBass »

I just noticed that Tascam makes a DP-006 that's pretty much the same thing. So far I'm not finding anything comparable in the same price point.
I dream of the day that the world will be healthy enough that I can play in a live ensemble again.
Chiptingle

Re: Digital 4 track recorders

Post by Chiptingle »

Return to “Accessories”