Fake tux shirt?

whitbey

Fake tux shirt?

Post by whitbey »

I am pretty heat intolerant. Now I wear a black shirt rather then white so I can lose the tux coat and not stand out.
I got to thinking, maybe someone makes a tux looking coat make of shirt cotton.
Anyone heard of such a thing?
Edwards Sterling bell 525/547
Edwards brass bell 547/562
Edwards Jazz w/ Ab valve 500"/.508"
Markus Leuchter Alto Trombone
Bass Bach 50 Bb/F/C dependent.
Cerveny oval euphonium
Full list in profile
Kbiggs

Re: Fake tux shirt?

Post by Kbiggs »

No, odther than those fake-looking t-shirts with a tuxedo printied on them. :lol: :roll: But I haven’t looked.

I’m sure you’ve already tried it, but I will sometimes wear a white, summer weight, short-sleeved, button-down shirt under my tux coat. A tip I learned from the principal.
Kenneth Biggs
I have known a great many troubles, but most of them have never happened.
—Mark Twain (attributed)
JohnL

Post by JohnL »

Try searching for "tropical weight" clothing.

Something like this:
https://www.studiosuits.com/custom_suit ... inen_suits
cmcslide

Post by cmcslide »

Some restaurant people wear tux shirts with the sleeves cut off to keep cool under a jacket. Maybe that would be something that would help you?
Slideorama

Post by Slideorama »

Coregami
Michael Lawson
Freelance Trombonist
Dallas - Ft. Worth, TX
harrisonreed

Post by harrisonreed »

Yeah, a tropical weight jacket over a "Dickey Top" under shirt sounds like the ticket for you.

if you don't know what a dickey top is, it's a white shirt that you cut everything off of that wouldn't show underneath a jacket -- so not just the arms but the entirety of the shirt is cut away except the collar and a V up until where the jacket is buttoned. If you (as you should) unbutton your bottom button on the jacket, a cumberbund might be needed to cover your stomach.

complete the look with sleevless cuffs
jchiang9

Post by jchiang9 »

Slideorama wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:20 amCoregami
I highly recommend the Coregami shirts! I've got a white tux shirt and a black one as well. Super comfy and is made out of a material that is the same or similar to active wear.
jthomas105

Post by jthomas105 »

harrisonreed wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:34 pm Yeah, a tropical weight jacket over a "Dickey Top" under shirt sounds like the ticket for you.

if you don't know what a dickey top is, it's a white shirt that you cut everything off of that wouldn't show underneath a jacket -- so not just the arms but the entirety of the shirt is cut away except the collar and a V up until where the jacket is buttoned. If you (as you should) unbutton your bottom button on the jacket, a cumberbund might be needed to cover your stomach.

complete the look with sleevless cuffs
I remember those from a "Three Stooges" gag when I was a kid. The dickey kept rolling up at inopportune times. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dickey_(garment)

Return to “Accessories”