Soulo-SM5712-Trombone-Bucket-Mute

LOJZ

Post by LOJZ »

LOJZ

Post by LOJZ »

HELLO to everybody
I would like to get some opinions about this BUCKET mute for trombone.
In my big band old buckets (Humes&Berg) all mutes are in really bad shape after few years,so we would like to buy new mutes,and I just found this article Soulo-SM5712.
So far,all comments everywhere are very good-no back presure and also great intonation.
Please,give me your opinios,so our decision will be easier.
THANKS
Nhtrombone

Re: Soulo-SM5712-Trombone-Bucket-Mute

Post by Nhtrombone »

Everyone I know who has one loves it. Characteristic bucket sound. Easier to get on and off than an H&B. Lighter than a Jo-Ral in-bell. Only draw back is that it is bulky.
hyperbolica

Post by hyperbolica »

I have the EazyBucket, as do several other players around here. They sound great, easy on-off, and are cheaper. I do like the adjustment capabilities of the Soulo, though, which the EazyBucket doesn't have. Also, I've had to buy 2-3 EazyBuckets for various horns I might play in a big band with different bell sizes. I think the EazyBucket is easier to remove fast because it just hangs on the bell. The adjustment of the Soulo makes it harder to remove.
Posaunus

Post by Posaunus »

hyperbolica wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:29 am I have the EazyBucket, as do several other players around here. They sound great, easy on-off, and are cheaper.
Eazy Bucket: http://www.theeazybucket.com/

:good:
CalgaryTbone

Post by CalgaryTbone »

I have the Soulo, the EZ Bucket and the JoRal. All have good and bad points. My favorite for sound is the Soulo. For ease of use, the JoRal. The EZ Bucket is the lightest. I needed a Bucket in a new concerto that I played with my orchestra a few weeks ago, and settled on the JoRal because of the ability for a quick change, and it had the best upper register of the 3 mutes - there were multiple high "A's" that were a little "squirrely" on the other 2 mutes. All are good mutes, so it's really just a matter of what qualities you value most in a bucket.

Jim Scott

Return to “Accessories”