Leather Covers for valve sections

Zandit75

Leather Covers for valve sections

Post by Zandit75 »

I've seen them in the past on the old site, but I can't find the link to it anymore.
Can someone please point me in the right direction for the leather covers that go over the valve sections?
Regardless to how carefully I clean my trom, I still get black polish residue transferred onto my shirt collar, and band jacket.
Thanks in advance.
Kbiggs

Re: Leather Covers for valve sections

Post by Kbiggs »

Kenneth Biggs
I have known a great many troubles, but most of them have never happened.
—Mark Twain (attributed)
Zandit75

Post by Zandit75 »

Thank you very much Kbiggs!
LarryPrestonRoberson

Post by LarryPrestonRoberson »

Hickey’s has a huge stock. The majority of what they sell is by Leather Specialties. Others include Griego, Protec (I think). You can also buy directly from Leather Specialties. The company was founded by Larry Black, retired trumpeter with the Atlanta Symphony Orchestra. Anyway, you may want to consider a custom option they offer—fabric on the place where it makes contact with the collar. The dyed leather can stain your collars. Mr. Larry sews on fabric to the exterior. It’s the same material that lines the inside of the guards to protect your instrument. And matches the color of the guards (black or brown). I can send you a picture of mine—or try to post here.

If you go that route ask to talk to Larry Black, if possible. Tell him you are interested in the external fabric like Larry Roberson—if he remembers me. But he’ll know what you’re talking about. The hours are a little sparse: Tuesday/Thursday 9:00am-1:00pm, or something like that. Here’s the URL:
https://www.lscoguard.com/

I just started using mine about 6 months ago. I have the hand slide guards and the neck guard. They’re beautiful and functional—handcrafted in North Carolina. And Larry Black is a true gentleman.
Zandit75

Post by Zandit75 »

Thanks for your input Larry. Calling them is not really workable for me, as I'm in Australia.
I'll make contact with them via email and discuss the material option like you suggested.
Thanks again.
LarryPrestonRoberson

Post by LarryPrestonRoberson »

Zandit75 wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:30 pm Thanks for your input Larry. Calling them is not really workable for me, as I'm in Australia.
I'll make contact with them via email and discuss the material option like you suggested.
Thanks again.
Oops, sorry. Good luck!

Return to “Accessories”