Eastman Case Slide Compartment

TromboneSam

Eastman Case Slide Compartment

Post by TromboneSam »

I’ve had a couple JW Eastman cases over the years. Used them for everything from Conn 8H/88H, King 3B, 2B, Bach 16, and custom horns.

They’re great - light, small, and protective.

My only real issue is the velcro never seems to line up very well on the straps for the slide holder, or the velcro wears out, or isn’t long enough to get the slide holder tight/secure. The foam for the round portion of the slide is also pretty soft; I think it should be a little more rigid. As a result the slide flap is never quite tight enough and the slide moves out of position toward the bell end of the case by .5-1.5” depending on the horn.

Has anyone done anything to combat this? Love the case but my slide moving around makes me a little nervous and I’d rather figure something out now rather than risk a damaged slide.
hyperbolica

Re: Eastman Case Slide Compartment

Post by hyperbolica »

I've got one. I've put a layer of 1/4" foam on the inside of the slide door. I've got bones with wide slides (79h) and narrow slides (32h), and they all fit reasonably. The extra padding on the layer I added takes up any extra space and pushes the slide away from the bell.
JLivi

Re: Eastman Case Slide Compartment

Post by JLivi »

This is my exact issue with those cases. A few years ago when they were around the cost of protec cases it was reasonable. But now that they’re $320 someone is better off going with a better brand. I’ve never felt the cases protected my horns as well either.

Sorry for not answering your question.
King 2b+
King 3b
King 3b(f)
Conn 79h
Kanstul 1585
Olds O-21 Marching Trombone (Flugabone)

Return to “Accessories”