Best case for King 3bf

JLivi

Best case for King 3bf

Post by JLivi »

I was curious what the best case for small bore trombones with F attachments, in my case a 3bf. I’m looking for something on the slim side.

There are plenty of cases that fit 8.5” bells but I would like to avoid that if possible. The Marcus Bonna Jazz and BAM soft pack Jazz case are designs I’m looking for but they only hold straight horns. BAM classic is an option but I don’t like the way it holds my 3bf. Maybe I’m over analyzing it and caring too much that I put an 8” bell into a case that holds an 8.5” bell.

Is my only option getting a case that holds a large bore tenor? Seems a bit overkill for something that should be in a more compact case.

My apologies if this has been discussed before. I tried searching the forum and couldn’t find a thread related to this, only single comments. Please direct me to the thread if I missed it.
King 2b+
King 3b
King 3b(f)
Conn 79h
Kanstul 1585
Olds O-21 Marching Trombone (Flugabone)
Burgerbob

Re: Best case for King 3bf

Post by Burgerbob »

I modified an SKB360 to fit mine. Absolute minimum size, cheap, protective.

Aidan Ritchie, LA area player and teacher
Briande

Post by Briande »

I use a standard Protec tenor case for my 3B w/F. Works great. Protec MX306CT Tenor Trombone (F-Trigger or Straight) Case https://a.co/d/7Odardq
I’m not a collector, I just have too many trombones….
King 2B. King 3B. King 3B+ w/F attachment and gold brass bell. King Duo Gravis. Getzen 1047FR. Conn 6H. Conn 48H.
hyperbolica

Post by hyperbolica »

I use an Eastman case for everything from 500 bore to 79h w/F attachment. Should work for 3b too.
JLivi

Post by JLivi »

hyperbolica wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 1:45 pm I use an Eastman case for everything from 500 bore to 79h w/F attachment. Should work for 3b too.
I forgot about Eastman cases! I thought they stopped making them and it turns out they’re still in existence. Not my favorite case but definitely checks all the boxes.

Although figuring out how to modify the SKB is a neat idea too. And much cheaper.

I also have a BAM classic case that has a loop that’s busted on it. I think the hole is stripped and you can’t screw it back on to the case.
King 2b+
King 3b
King 3b(f)
Conn 79h
Kanstul 1585
Olds O-21 Marching Trombone (Flugabone)
StephenK

Post by StephenK »

jbeatenbough

Post by jbeatenbough »

I really like the new King Legend case...fit for a 2b/3b/3bf is perfect. Case is very protective, and not too heavy. I love my eastmen case for my Shires, but I love the King case for my 2b/3b/3bf

https://www.hornguys.com/collections/tr ... one-case-1
John

Tenor:
King 2B Silvertone-DW 12CS
Shires 1Y,T47,Dual Valve-DW 6BL
Shires 7YLW screw bell, T08-25YC-DW 6BS
Kanstul 1555-DW 6BS

Alto:
Thomann TEB480L-Schilke 45B

Trumpet:
King Liberty Silvertone AB-Schilke M2C
King 600-Bach 7C
DCIsky

Post by DCIsky »

Burgerbob wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 8:51 am I modified an SKB360 to fit mine. Absolute minimum size, cheap, protective.

I followed Aidan’s instructions and modified my case similarly. It’s the best option, in my opinion!
Burgerbob

Post by Burgerbob »

One of us! One of us!
Aidan Ritchie, LA area player and teacher

Return to “Accessories”