Bach 50B2 replacement case

mbtrombone

Bach 50B2 replacement case

Post by mbtrombone »

Hi everyone,

What rigid cases are people using with their Bach 50B2 bass trombones? What do you like and dislike about your current case?

I recently acquired a 50B2 and it needs a case. Current set up is double thumb, but I am going to have the triggers split. I have a Bona and an Eastman already but they are protecting other basses and both have draw backs (cost or general blah design for holding the horn).

Anyone use a DAC NX-2 or a Protec iPac?

Thanks!
Specialk3700

Re: Bach 50B2 replacement case

Post by Specialk3700 »

I used the iPac for my bass. Pretty good case, much better than the cheaper cases from protec. I've never been concerned about my horn being damaged in it and that includes checking it on a plane. Not the lightest case but not super heavy either. I love the huge pocket on the side. I can fit a folding music stand and a K&M trombone stand in it without issue. Although once you start filling that pocket the case gets heavy quick. If you plan to use the backpack straps put a ziptie in the clip or else they come undone everytime you put the case down. It also has a spot for a cleaning rod which a lot of cases don't.
Engineering student with a trombone problem.
Edwards B454
Shires Bravo
Yamaha 354

Return to “Accessories”