Alternatives to Marcus Bonna?

pompatus

Alternatives to Marcus Bonna?

Post by pompatus »

Hey, guys, I’m looking for some alternatives to Marcus Bonna for a small bore horn with f-attachment.

I have a couple Bonna cases for my bigger horns, and absolutely love them, but I’m just wondering what other options exist in the realm of hard cases that you guys trust to protect your horns.

The horn I’m trying to fit is an Edwards T302 that swaps back and forth between straight neckpipe and closed wrap f-attachment.
Burgerbob

Re: Alternatives to Marcus Bonna?

Post by Burgerbob »

What's the F attachment? I modified an SKB 360 to fit my 3B/Fs and 607 without too much trouble.
Aidan Ritchie, LA area player and teacher
CalgaryTbone

Post by CalgaryTbone »

I have a modified King (3B?) f attachment that fits my Edwards .508 bore - removable. That horn fits pretty well in a King 3B case. Not the lightest option. A small Cronkite bag is the daily driver for it.

Jim Scott
pompatus

Post by pompatus »

Burgerbob wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 12:52 pm What's the F attachment? I modified an SKB 360 to fit my 3B/Fs and 607 without too much trouble.
It’s an older 3BF attachment with the two 90-degree ports.
CalgaryTbone wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 1:44 pm I have a modified King (3B?) f attachment that fits my Edwards .508 bore - removable. That horn fits pretty well in a King 3B case. Not the lightest option. A small Cronkite bag is the daily driver for it.

Jim Scott
Is that the newer carbon fiber-looking case?
Burgerbob

Post by Burgerbob »

An SKB would be easily modified then. Love mine, fits a straight tenor too when need be.
CalgaryTbone

Post by CalgaryTbone »

pompatus wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 3:38 pm
Burgerbob wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 12:52 pm What's the F attachment? I modified an SKB 360 to fit my 3B/Fs and 607 without too much trouble.
It’s an older 3BF attachment with the two 90-degree ports.
CalgaryTbone wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 1:44 pm I have a modified King (3B?) f attachment that fits my Edwards .508 bore - removable. That horn fits pretty well in a King 3B case. Not the lightest option. A small Cronkite bag is the daily driver for it.

Jim Scott
Is that the newer carbon fiber-looking case?
No - the old coffin-style case - I traded an old Reunion Blues bag for it with a friend who was moving to the east and was trying to get more space and lighten the load for his car.
pompatus

Post by pompatus »

Burgerbob wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 4:35 pm An SKB would be easily modified then. Love mine, fits a straight tenor too when need be.
Do you think there's plenty of clearance for the removable leadpipe area around the bell, when closed? The hornguys description of the case made me think twice about it, initially.

https://www.hornguys.com/collections/tr ... one-case-1
Burgerbob

Post by Burgerbob »

pompatus wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 5:18 pm
Burgerbob wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 4:35 pm An SKB would be easily modified then. Love mine, fits a straight tenor too when need be.
Do you think there's plenty of clearance for the removable leadpipe area around the bell, when closed? The hornguys description of the case made me think twice about it, initially.

https://www.hornguys.com/collections/tr ... one-case-1
My main 3B slide has a leadpipe with a ring on it, never had any problems. But who knows!

Return to “Accessories”