Hagmann Hand Rest

MTbassbone

Hagmann Hand Rest

Post by MTbassbone »

Anyone have any first hand experiences with this contraption? I normally use a Bullet Brace, but have switched horns. An Ax Handle is now the logical choice, but the Hagmann has me intrigued.
Johnstad

Re: Hagmann Hand Rest

Post by Johnstad »

I use one on my contra I like it. More adjustable than others out there.

The Sheridan Get a Grip works great as well.
SwissTbone

Post by SwissTbone »

They are very similar to the Rath brace. They are made well. I tried one but didn't find a position I liked. I prefer the get a grip by Sheridan.
ƒƒ---------------------------------------------------ƒƒ
Like trombones? Head over to https://swisstbone.com/ to see some great vintage and custom horns!
MTbassbone

Post by MTbassbone »

I ordered one to try out.
MTbassbone

Post by MTbassbone »

The Hagmann Hand Rest arrived today, and it was returned today. Like SwissBone said it is very well made, but I could not find a way to make it be of benefit. YMMV. I have an Ax Handle arriving in the next few days, and as I was a Bullet Brace user prior to switching horns I suspect it will be what I select. I also tried out the Curtis Thumb Rest from Amazon. Its decent, but there is a portion that goes beyond contact point that digs into the back of my hand. It will also likely get returned. I could probably try to modify it and make it work. However, it would be a roll of the dice.

Side note: I had to use the provided shims, and after I removed ring that attaches to bell brace it left a few flat spots on the brace. Slightly disappointing, but I am sure there will be more battle wounds soon enough (mute kisses, scratches, wear, etc).
SwissTbone

Post by SwissTbone »

What do you think about the Curtis thing? Is it solid enough?
ƒƒ---------------------------------------------------ƒƒ
Like trombones? Head over to https://swisstbone.com/ to see some great vintage and custom horns!
MTbassbone

Post by MTbassbone »

SwissTbone wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 11:11 pm What do you think about the Curtis thing? Is it solid enough?
Standby for a full review of the Curtis Thumb Rest.....Test Pattern
640px-SMPTE_Color_Bars.svg.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Accessories”