Dependent bass cases

Jbeckett

Dependent bass cases

Post by Jbeckett »

Any idea on the best quality/price case for a dependent bass? YBL-622. Protect doesn’t make one, I don’t want to spend $500+ for one to fit it. Need some ideas.
Posaunus

Re: Dependent bass cases

Post by Posaunus »

Contact "Greenbean" (Tom Rice) - www.superfinecases.com
Dennis

Post by Dennis »

Why won't the 622 fit in a Protec bass case? I've seen the Protec hard bass case, and I know that the Kanstul 1662 fits in it.

What is wrong with the Yamaha case? I'm not sure about the case the YBL-622 came with, but the Xeno cases look like the best cases available from a big maker.
Burgerbob

Post by Burgerbob »

It'll definitely fit in the Protec.
Aidan Ritchie, LA area player and teacher
WGWTR180

Post by WGWTR180 »

If you're positive that the Protec will not work look for a used Bona case. All of my dependents and my 1 independent fit just fine.
Jbeckett

Post by Jbeckett »

In the ProTec, the bell is too elevated. In other words, it looks as though the case has very little if any room to fit, due to the fact that the f and d attachment are all one on side of the horn, pushing the bell to sit crookedly in the case. I found a reunion blues bag, and the horn came without a case. I actually bought the horn from Greenbean, aka Tom at superfine. I’ve messaged him to see what he’s got. If I could find an 822 Xeno case, that would be ideal.

Return to “Accessories”