custom case

DBruceMangan

custom case

Post by DBruceMangan »

Last post was here and disappeared.. that's ok. We'll try this again. :)

Hey all !

So I am in a unique position of looking for a case.
I am having a bass trombone built right now and it has a screw-bell and 2 flares. I would like to find a case where I could have the two flares available in the case.
That leads me to looking at cases that might be a bit more customized than the standard Marcus Bona or Protec, etc..

Has anyone had a custom case done (Pelican, etc) and if so... who was it, do you have pics, and what was your experience with getting it.. I was told that Fullpedaltrombonist might have some guidance on this.

Thanks!!!!
Bruce Mangan
Freelance Bass Trombonist
BAC Artist
Wedge Mouthpiece Artist
Atlanta, GA

Atlanta Trombone Ensemble
Tara Winds
BGuttman

Re: custom case

Post by BGuttman »

Your last post didn't disappear. You have to have two approved posts for it to show (and I approved your first one). Now you have two, and I'm going to remove the other. You can now see your posts, and read and send messages.
Bruce Guttman
Merrimack Valley Philharmonic Orchestra
"Almost Professional"
Neo Bri

Post by Neo Bri »

I have a few screw bells, but no double-flare cases. I can imagine a simple padded sleeve or similar which would allow you to stack the flares. Something to look at, anyway.
Matt K
Verified

Post by Matt K »

As counterintuitive as it may sound, you might want to look into cronkhite cases. A gig bad would be easy to make to accommodate two flares but you lose some.of the benefit of having a harder case
Neo Bri

Post by Neo Bri »

Matt K wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:38 pm As counterintuitive as it may sound, you might want to look into cronkhite cases. A gig bad would be easy to make to accommodate two flares but you lose some.of the benefit of having a harder case
Definitely does sound counter-intuitive. Are there designs for screw-bells? If not, some of the design benefit of a screw-bell is lost.

Unless I'm not following you...always a risk.
Matt K
Verified

Post by Matt K »

I don't know if the new company making them would accommodate, but Glenn would do custom stuff. The basic idea would be a little flap kind of like a slide compartment below the bell. Maybe. Might be aoot point if they won't do it but I'd check if I could tolerate a gig bag since those cases are really nice.
Sid

Post by Sid »

Being an owner of a recent Lawler and knowing the joys of the screw bell, I would love to have my classical tenor and bass trombone converted. The problem though is that there really anyone making those types of cases. Bags of Spain does one I believe. What I would love to do is have my Lawler case digitally measured them "stretched out" in dimensions to theoretically fit those horns. Then it's a matter of finding a company that could develop the case.
Neo Bri

Post by Neo Bri »

Bonna makes my Thein one.
SwissTbone

Post by SwissTbone »

Look for Basili custom cases on Facebook. They make anything you want. Ciro Basili can be contacted easily by mail.
ƒƒ---------------------------------------------------ƒƒ
Like trombones? Head over to https://swisstbone.com/ to see some great vintage and custom horns!

Return to “Accessories”